Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

high heart rate after mirena insertion
Quote | Reply
hi ladies...
after not being on birthcontrol for 4 years, i had a mirena inserted two weeks ago and since then ive been exhausted and my heart rate has been through the roof during workouts [10-15 bmp higher than where it should be for certain paces]. my runs just feel sluggish and i struggle to hold paces that last month were no problem. its been really frustrating. i am supposed to be racing a half marathon this weekend and im wondering if i should even toe the line, seeing as how my run down ive felt. has anyone else had any issues like this with the mirena?
Quote Reply
Re: high heart rate after mirena insertion [gfgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have used mirena for 6 yrs, I'm on my second one. I have never experienced those side effects. I would contact your Dr to see if this is a normal reaction. It is by far the best BC I have ever used. Take it easy for a few days and see if that helps, good luck on your race this weekend.

http://www.ironmom141.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took me 3 months to adjust to Mirena after I had mine inserted. I had a lot of cramping and other side effects. After 3 months though it stopped and I've had no problems since. To feel more comfortable, talk to your doctor about your side effects.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try sending holdencain a PM. He's the resident ST women's gyn and very helpful. I know he loves mirena.
Quote Reply
Re: high heart rate after mirena insertion [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd second the notion that a call to a dr. is in order. I've had mine for 3 years, and everything is fine here.
Quote Reply
Re: UPDATE high heart rate after mirena insertion [gfgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi ladies,
thanks for the input.
im going to give my body a little while longer to adjust to it and if by christmas its still no bueno, its OUT...!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so glad you put this out there! I asked about Mirena several months ago. If you do a search for it you may see some answers to your questions asked then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they still make Copper-T (Copper-7?) -- the plain ol IUD without any hormones? Mine is >10 years old and it has been a breeze.... I'm 49 now so it has done its job for me and my husband. Back in 1994 or so, we were not sure about a third child or not. I believe my Ob-Gyn said the Copper-T has the same failure rate as OCPs. (< 1-2%) But again all this discussion with her took place in 1995 or so. Something to consider in lieu of Mirena if you are not "surgically sure" about no more (none) kids.

My two cents :-)

edit to add link: http://www.webmd.com/...ud-for-birth-control
Last edited by: PBJ: Nov 28, 08 20:09
Quote Reply