if so, what do you do for it?

thanks,
kitty
Quote Reply
Re: hands hurts [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stop knitting?

;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have arthritis... it was the original reason why I went to aerobars in 1990. And have developed a keen awareness of that delicate weight distribution between the taint and the hands. That optimized FIST just goes out the window. Multiple hand positions with a good quality padded bar wrap... the Bontrager stuff seems to work the best for me.

Good luck...

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a graphic designer and have the dreaded carpal tunnel. I also do beaded jewelry and have hand trouble. When I swim a lot it acts up I thought swimming would be helpful and strengthening....

I have tried ART. That worked OK. I try to stretch every 15-20 minutes. Egoscue also has helped. If its from knitting, it might not be the hands, but other things in your arms and that is where it is manifesting. (like poor posture)

As for the bike, I change hand positions a lot and i have great gloves that take the pressure off the ulnar nerve. Made by Spenco. Yes I am sponsored by them from the Timex team, but the really do work for my hands. cycling does not bother my hands like it used to. I also talked to my bike fit guy about that when I got my new road bike.

Do you also have shims in your brakes? That helps a lot with the "reach" which was always taxing to my hands on a long steep downhill.

--------------------
Jeanne Roth
Team Timex 2007/2008
http://jeannejeannie.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply