Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

goggle eyes
Quote | Reply
Any time I swim, I have rings around my eyes for hours.
Any way to avoid this problem. If not avoid, get rid of it before going out later that night?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
different goggles? i usually have a bit of a ring, but it doesn't last for hours.

maybe some kind of after-swim moisturizing or some manner of concealer? no idea - i don't use any products like that.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I use that Garnier eye roller after swimming. It helps. My goggle eyes will stay for hours unless I use it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! I was just going to write the exact same thing. So, +1 on the Garnier eye roller thingy...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got botox. And a juvaderm filler under the eye. Made a huge difference to what my eyes looked like after swimming. And the rest of the time too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same problem here... plus it gives me dark circles under my eyes and makes them all puffy. Ages me 10 years. I use the Aquasphere Kaiman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the straps too tight?? I have spent hours in the pool and have never really had this. A lot of people think that they need to be a tight fit when they don't have to be! You should be able to pretty much keep them on your eyes for a few second without the straps (much like a diving mask). If you can't do this, I would get new ones!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the smaller goggles that dont have a lot of seal around them. I like the clubswim brand from swimoutlet.com but Speedo also make a version. They are the small, racing type goggles. Never have a problem with them leaking and they do leave a small circle around my eyes but it goes away quickly.
I also love the Body Shop's Eye gel. If you keep it in the fridge and apply it after swimming, it helps reduce any swelling from the goggles/chlorine and it feels very refreshing.
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [runninginaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the great advice. I'll try both the eye roller and smaller goggles. I have used different types, but not really small ones. All the other ones, so far, give me ring around the eye.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swedes are probably the least likely to leave marks. I think those are the goggles others are referring to above.

I just gave up. I have walked into the calculus course I teach with goggle marks on several mornings now. I wear glasses, the students are half asleep, I've decided they just won't notice. I suppose it's more of an issue if you really and truly have to be presentable.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At almost 52 years old, there isn't a goggle I haven't tried. And at 5'2", I am never going to be able to out-swim a lady competitor who is 6'2".

Having said that, the only goggles that don't leave marks AND don't leak for me is the Barracuda goggle. The memory foam gasket is wide enough to disperse pressure and be comfortable for up to a 5K open water swim last May.

They aren't as racey-looking as the mark-making swedes, but they keep the contact lenses in and allow me to avoid looking weird when I go out into the work world.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. I went out and got an oil of olay eye roller and I like it so far. I don't have issues with the goggle marks, but it is probably a good habit to use it anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on Barracuda goggles, switched to them like 20 years ago and they totally minimize the raccoon eyes. They don't use suction so they don't leave big rings. The wide foam is pretty soft and forgiving. Although they are expensive compared to others, I usually get at least a year out of them.

For racing, though, you want something with suction that won't get knocked off in a mass swim start.

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

I had much the same problem and after awhile it was actually a bit painful.... so I switched to the AquaSphere Vista google and I love love love them :)

~LBB

I am an avid cyclist who is also the co-owner and buyer for Low Country Multisport a performance specific F.I.S.T. certified fit studio and repair shop in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina. And, I just happen to be married to a retired Marine who is completely addicted to the iron distance. "lord help my wallet!!"
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [lilbluebirds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use these:

http://www.swimoutlet.com/...3061&color=28543

I never have any lines or dark circles and they're perfect for both pool and open water swimming. Pricey, but well worth it for me since I can go in public without looking like a freak.
Quote Reply