Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

getting bike grease off clothes/stuff?
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions? I have a small dab of black grease from where my white headsweats visor touched my bike chain. Any suggestions for getting it off? It's already been laundered several times.

Also, I have a big chainring mark on my dog's bed, from when my husband decided to 'pad' our cargo on a recent trip. The dog bed is crypton fabric backed with a non-permeable membrane.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: getting bike grease off clothes/stuff? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had good luck with Dawn dish soap. It has to be Dawn, though. Not Joy or Palmolive or Target brand. Just takes a lot of scrubbing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try simple green
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greased Lightning ...or Grease Lighting, not sure which. You can get it at WalMart/Target, etc. I use it to get grease out of clothes (including tech fabrics), and, as a bonus, it works REALLY well on carpets and car upholstery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That orange de-greaser has worked well for me. Stupidly changed a tire wearing a white dress, what did I think would happen??
Quote Reply
Re: getting bike grease off clothes/stuff? [Lilac J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That orange de-greaser has worked well for me. Stupidly changed a tire wearing a white dress, what did I think would happen??

Ha ha. I did that wearing white shorts.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shout pre-treat stick (well, it's more like a goo that comes out of a stick-shaped dispenser with a brush head). got used 3-in-1 oil out of my yellow tri suit yesterday - my transition bag touched my chainrings and i ended up with a nice spot when i threw the bag on my back, but it's completely gone now.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Definitely Grease Lightning. Awesome stuff, and works on everything, especially keeping my mostly white kit clean. Make sure you have good ventilation though, nasty fumes.
Quote Reply
Re: getting bike grease off clothes/stuff? [tryingharder90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oxi Clean works on a lot of things too like chain grease and mud. Mix up a batch in the sink and work on it after a short soak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Goo Gone. I spray a bit on the chain grease spots and keep working it until it comes free and disperses. Then regular laundry. It works very well. FYI. Cleans chaingrease off your white spokes and rims well too.
Quote Reply
Re: getting bike grease off clothes/stuff? [ahrensdp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone! I ended up trying the Greased Lightning and it worked like a charm! White visor is as good as new.
Quote Reply