Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

flat irons- help!
Quote | Reply
my daughter wants a new hair straightener for christmas. hers always burn out and Chi is a brand she mentioned. are they better? any other recommendations?

will they work on wet hair?

thanks!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: flat irons- help! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a Chi for maybe 8 years, bought it upon recommendation from my hair dresser. It's okay, I don't love it but it gets the job done. Pro - it still works after 8 years. Con - it doesn't have temp settings, it is either on or off. I don't have any other brand recommendations, but I'm sure a quick search on Amazon or Sephora will get you plenty of info.

I thought you were never supposed to use straighteners on wet hair, but see there are some marketed for wet/dry now. I wouldn't use it on wet hair unless it specifically says to, and even then I'd be hesitant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one from this company and I love it. http://fhiheat.com/en

I've had two over the last 6 years and the first one only broke because I used it in Europe for a year and eventually the voltage difference killed it. Otherwise, it can survive a real beating without breaking. You can buy it from Amazon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I worked at Helen of Troy for several years and love my Hot Tools flat iron. Much better than a Chi for MUCH MUCH less. You can get them at Ulta.
Quote Reply
Re: flat irons- help! [FastCat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the imput ladies, i will read up on your suggestions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Chi years ago and now my tween uses it. They last forever and come in lots of cool patterns. You can get them at Ulta. Never use it on wet hair and make sure to get her a thermal protectant spray to use before she flat irons. Btw, you're a super cool dad ;)
Quote Reply
Re: flat irons- help! [KauaiHigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KauaiHigh wrote:
I bought a Chi years ago and now my tween uses it. They last forever and come in lots of cool patterns. You can get them at Ulta. Never use it on wet hair and make sure to get her a thermal protectant spray to use before she flat irons. Btw, you're a super cool dad ;)

awesome, thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul Mitchell
http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Mitchell-Express-1-25-Straightener/dp/B001UHN0NG

I've had this straightener for years. All of my friends come to my apartment to get ready so they could use my straightener.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Chi and would not do anything else.
Quote Reply