Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

desoto tri top and back spackle -- how to wash?
Quote | Reply
After a rainy muddy ride featuring lovely WV acid mine run off, my new desoto tri top is stained up the back. Has anyone ever used spray-n-wash or something similar to get stains out? To be honest, my husband does the laundry, so this it not my dept, but I was hoping someone might have a suggestion. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: desoto tri top and back spackle -- how to wash? [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to get info straight from the man's mouth and e-mail Emilio. I don't know about you, but a stained new DeSoto top is an emergency in my book!

P.S. massive props to you for your hubby doing the laundry!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: desoto tri top and back spackle -- how to wash? [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. I'll give this a try and report back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He responded very quickly! How cool.

Hello Sarah,
Our Forza Tri Jersey is not much different than any synthetic fabric with it comes to staining from things like mud, road grime, acid mine run, body marking ink, etc.. Some stains will come out and some will never come out depending on what caused it.
I suggest starting with apparel stain remover, spray-n-wash, and if that does not work, you can always try to send it to the dry cleaners. Some customers have had good outcome doing so, but again, results do vary.

Kind regards, Emilio
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Part of why I like DeSoto stuff so much is their customer service.

I called to find out the status of my order, and to my surprise, an actual human being answered the phone on the second ring, and didn't shuttle me around to 5 different people to answer my question.

Loyal customer since... plus their stuff is awesome!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: desoto tri top and back spackle -- how to wash? [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, it is the only race wear I buy. :)

Hubbie is working the spray and wash angle tonight. I'll let you know if it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update: Spray-n-wash worked so-so. I'll deal with it for now. I'd rather save the cost of dry cleaning towards my next purchase. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if you've ever heard of "ZOUT" (they make various forms of it for cleaning, I'm referring to the Spray Zout). It's similar to spray-n-wash but in my opinion works wonders. There are very few (and I mean like count them on one hand few; and I have 2 very small children) that Zout has not removed. Stores like Target (sometimes Wal-Stink), etc. carries it.