Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

business lunches and big plates?????
Quote | Reply
Ok, I do a lot of business lunches that seem to be buffet style. Today I realized how much food was on my plate compared to everyone else. It was embarrassing, to have almost double what some of the men were eating. Most of my colleagues don't know how much I train or how much I need to eat to stay healthy and I fear what they must think of me. Normally I don't really care what people think about me, but in business I tend to care a little more. Does anyone else have problems with eating more than normal people in social/work situations? What do you do about it? Do you eat less and then eat again later or do you just go for it and say screw people?

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Re: business lunches and big plates????? [southerngal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The girls in my office often say "Don't you ever stop eating?". I know I eat more volume of food than a lot of people, but I don't eat meat, so I'm constantly eating fruit or bars, with chocolate thrown in. I'm not embarrassed about this, they know what I do and how much I train. I bet your lunch mates are saying "How does she eat so much and stay in shape?", and aren't thinking just "Why is she eating SO MUCH?!" I wouldn't worry about it. If you're eating with men, they are probably happy to chow down with a woman who will actually eat. That is, if they even notice.

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In business situations where you are eating with clients, then I would be careful about this, but otherwise I wouldn't care. If it's just coworkers then I say eat what you need to eat to fuel yourself properly. It shouldn't be embarrassing unless you are eating way, way more than you really need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A very cheerful 'Marathon training!' seems to be as much of an explanation as you really need. Unless you're working at one of those places that frown on all outside activities and family life because they cut into the time spent at work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My secretary/office manager asked me the other day if I was bulimic. We've had a few office lunches etc lately and everyone has commented on how much I eat (and that i eat 2-3 hours before lunch and again 2-3 hours after lunch. And now that I'm running/training again I've dropped almost 25 lbs since July (finally getting back to my normal off-season weight after 2 years of injuries etc..). So she seriously thought I was binging and purging. The funny thing is, the whole conversation ended with her saying "Oh, you're losing weight by working out" in a tone that sounded like she was disappointed. I think she was looking for another method to lose weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last night was a big business dinner at one of the nicer seafood places in town. My counterpart from the firm we're negotiating a contract with bet me $5 that I couldn't finish my cioppino. He's probably got 100lbs on me and I'm closer in age to his grandkids than him. When it looked like I was going to win, he slipped the $5 to my side of the table.
Quote Reply
Re: business lunches and big plates????? [banana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love cioppino.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find most men are almost always impressed with my ability to eat and the guys I work with have just gotten used to the fact that I eat more than them. In fact, the other day I went to a lunch with my boss and when I didn't clean my plate he asked if I didn't like it, never crossed his mind that I might be full.
Quote Reply