Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bridesmaid tri gift
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I'm just a runner (well, I swim cross-train, but I bike like a 5 year old) and I'm getting married next month. I don't want to get all my bridesmaids the same gifts, as they have different interests. One of the gals is a triathlete and I need some gift ideas.

It can be something you wouldn't buy for yourself, like nice tri top, or a tri top with a cool new feature. But what do y'all like these days? I can't keep up.
Or it can be something practical, like a big box of bike tires or a year's supply of those lance stroopwaffels.

So....if you were getting a bridesmaid gift, what would you want? Anything on your wishlist right now?

Feel free to be specific, and under $150.

Thank you so much!
-bridezilla
Quote Reply
Re: bridesmaid tri gift [BettyBopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
stroopwaffels

Are you Dutch? Just asking as I have never heard an American call them that! (not Dutch but I speak it)

I really like merino wool run clothes (IceBreaker is a good company). It is pricey, but would make a great gift - a sports bra, shorts, and top maybe so she'd have a whole outfit. The benefit to the wool is that it never smells and it is good at wicking moisture.

Does she have a Garmin? Not sure how much those cost.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm...most triathletes are pretty specific about what they like, so unless you know her clothing sizes and preferences, I'm not sure I'd get clothes. Has she mentioned needing or wanting anything? Maybe a race entry for a run the two of you want to do together, or a certificate for a RoadID if she doesn't have one? Even a gift card for a new pair of running shoes might work (or find out which size/model she wears and buy her a pair).
Quote Reply
Re: bridesmaid tri gift [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the race entry and Road ID ideas.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welp, she has a soleus and a road id already. But I like the race entry idea. I also just clicked through the tri top post and found some things that were very much her style.

Thanks, ladies! If anybody has any further ideas, I'd still love to hear them.
And no, I'm not Dutch...I was trying to think of Honeystingers, but couldn't remember the name at the time.
Quote Reply
Re: bridesmaid tri gift [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
stroopwaffels

I really like merino wool run clothes (IceBreaker is a good company). It is pricey, but would make a great gift - a sports bra, shorts, and top maybe so she'd have a whole outfit. The benefit to the wool is that it never smells and it is good at wicking moisture.

Another vote for merino. One of my bike buddies bought me some Icebreaker socks and they're the best. You can't go wrong with their base layers - I wear them all the time running and riding and I agree that Icebreaker is expensive enough that it's sometimes hard to justify as a selfie indulgence so makes a great gift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree on the wool. The hubby and I LOVE Ibex and I believe it's all made in the USA. Pricey, but within your price range. A nice zip front top or cycling knickers would be an awesome gift that she could use for years.

Send me and TC the stroopwaffles. (We had a Dutch exchange-student in the 80's that introduced us to them. YUM!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gift card to Athleta.
Karen Sing

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: bridesmaid tri gift [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Athleta or Splish
You are a very thoughtful bride!
Quote Reply