Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: botox and fillers, oops [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I turn 36 on Sunday and have a 4th date tonight....a guy is actually getting a 4th date...this is almost a LTR for me ;-) As a rule I don't wear makeup until the 4th date, yes I know this is a stupid rule....but I don't wear makeup on a regular basis (mostly to weddings, funerals, crazy nights out on the town and 4th dates) , so I was testing some out last night and OMG the wrinkles under the eyes. I think I know what I'm getting myself for my birthday, a round of botox. I have had other body work done, 8 yrs ago when I lived in Las Vegas and it seemed like the thing to do. Don't regret it at all, and most people can't tell. Although I think the thinner I am the more obvious they are, but still natural looking for my frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't had it yet. I plan to for my 40th birthday. I have a horrible frown line. It looks like I am Pissed Off all the time.
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers, oops [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never guessed. I just thought you were lucky.

:)

Have a fun date!

And Kitty, I can't see the lines. Honestly.

But I have them horribly. In two years of long distance training in Hawaii I've gone from normal looking skin to people guessing an AG one or two too high :( If I had a spare dime I would do the restalyn for my muppet lines in a heartbeat. And the brow crinkle too.

When I'm done with all this, and if I can afford it, I'll do both boobs and fillers. I'm a big fan of being happy with your body, at any cost!

Rachel
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers, oops [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously! I think the distance training and racing really does a number on one's face.

A good reason to stick to sprints and olys ladies! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kitty....

Ok....guess what....I can't look at at mirror any more with out thinking of this post ....

Botox won't fix my problem ......I've got the dreaded DROOPY eye lids.... Heck ...I don't even use eye shadow... know one would ever see it ! Too bad they aren't transparent, because some day I could use them as goggles ..lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not for me - though I know others who have and are happy with their decision.

Me, I'm the type of gal who savours her little bruises and scars from training - have a wicked moon shaped scar on my right knee from a run spill a few years back ... hubby said "you know, you can get a cream that will fade that" and I said "but why would I".

HOWEVER, if the moon shaped scar was on my face, not sure i would feel the same way.

Do what makes you feel good, just do it for you and through a legitimate doctor !!!

Tri Hard !
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You start with a little botox and restalyn and wake up one day looking like Joan Rivers."

or worse.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/...ein1WENN_468x696.jpg

"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings." -Dr. Cox
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [malcoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good lord, what IS that?
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers, oops [oh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i hear you. every time i look in the mirror i wonder if those laugh lines are bigger--ha!
hey, i think Bill Clinton has had a big round of botox recently. very interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously, what lines?
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers, oops [Adventuress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, i think the flash kind of softened them. either that or i'm nuts in the head, which is entirely possible.

BTW, yeah, that green tea works. it's been SO helpful in the coffee junkie transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so glad it's helping. I'm having a giant cup of it right now. And if you come visit me, I'll get you hooked on yet another concoction. :)

Nuts in the head? I hope so. Life would be boring otherwise.
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers, oops [Adventuress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now that just sounds tempting! lol.
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kittycat, I didn't read all of the posts but I'm guessing others might have said this, but I think laugh lines (or "wrinkles" as you call them) are extremely attractive. Just one man's opinion - DON'T DO IT!
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [MonicaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the cat woman. She has had multiple procedures to purposely look that way. I know, crazy. But she wants to be a cat.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will you marry me???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha ha. Hey, I'm actually hoping to meet someone who wants to settle down. Are you my Ms. Right? Send me your picture and I'll send you mine :) But keep it tasteful :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm probably too old for you, but... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That means you can teach me all kinds of new things. Also, I'll be turning 29 in two months! Does this help? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha ha :) Okay, let's stop this tomfoolery and skullduggery! I'm on vacation starting NOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a great time. I'm off to tri camp in El Paso.

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion about good looking women...
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get botox every 12 weeks between my eyebrows. I had that ugly line there too & it looked like I was mad all of the time. It's SO not a big deal...you go in & you're out in about 5 minutes.....relatively painful....and AWESOME !!!!!!!! NO MORE WRINKLE !!!

BTW to whoever asked about Strivectin. It's GARBAGE. Just as any other "wrinkle cream" it does NOT work. Allergan (the company who manufactures Botox) actually sued them for their saying "Better than Botox" and now they use: "better than Botox ?" with the question mark they are allowed to use those words. I thought that was pretty funny.

I don't know why people make such a big deal about Botox or why the OP had people who were offended ????

Last edited by: cassidyfit1: Mar 20, 08 19:52
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kittycat, you look fantastic. I don't see the line you're talking about. It's all in your head. I understand though, I just turned 37 and I'm starting to notice a lot more lines, especially around my eyes. People still seem to think I"m under 30 though so I can't complain.

===============================================

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

http://www.teamrunningfree.com
http://ironmanredux.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: botox and fillers [redrunningshoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey, thanks!

you'll like this. yesterday i had to buy some lipgloss, so i went to Chanel and began talking with the lady who always helps me. i mentioned "the line" and she said, "what lotion do you use?" so i told her. with that she said, "no, that is preventative! you are way way way past that, you need correction!"

i about died laughing right there in the chair. it was hilarious! once i started laughing, she was cracking up too, and i scored a ton of free samples out of it.

Quote Reply

Prev Next