Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike sizing?
Quote | Reply
i am interested in buying a cervelo or maybe a felt tri bike and am wondering what size you think i would be. I have heard everything from a 51 to a 54. i am a women, i weight 138 and my height is 5'8??
Quote Reply
Re: bike sizing? [scertner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike size/fit is not something that is easily addressed on an Internet forum with only your height and weight.

I recommend that you read the general bike fit articles on this site (see pull down menu on home page) to understand the metrics and then go to a bike shop with a good fitter, see what they recommend, try a bunch of different brand bikes (meaning ride them!). As you go through this process, don't hesitate to post questions but it is basically impossible to recommend a size based on height and weight. Read the articles and you will see the are many more important metrics to consider.

Have fun shopping!
Quote Reply
Re: bike sizing? [scertner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely find a shop with a good fitter. I wouldn't narrow down your brands before you talk to someone who knows a good deal about fit. And it has been my experience that not a lot of shops stock high-end tri bikes in every size. You sound like you're a more common size, but for me (I'm 5'4 and have a pretty small bike), there were only 2 bikes in my size within a 2 hour drive radius of me (and I live in Philadelphia, so its not like its a po-dunk little town). The other thing is, its nearly impossible to compare bike to bike, as things as minute as tire pressure and weather/temperature can throw off your judgement of one bike vs another.

Key is - find a good fitter. A good fitter can fit you in a manner that your bike will ride properly. Being your height, a good fitter could probably fit you on nearly anything.
Quote Reply