Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike shorts for women with skinny legs
Quote | Reply

My wife is struggling to find.a pair of bike (not tri) shorts which fit her comfortably. This is not a saddle issue - she has a comfortable saddle and has had a proper bike fit.

She's 5'1" with skinny legs.

The issue seems to be that leg doesn't fit snugly so the shorts tend to bunch/fold.

Any suggestions? Soas tri shorts fit her well - but she's looking for bike shorts.

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: bike shorts for women with skinny legs [brunogerussi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Men's XS? My kiddo wore Men's XS when he was 5'1" and he had some very skinny kid legs. We had luck with Pearl Izumi. You could even look for some kids shorts. Some brands make youth shorts that might work, but I don't have any suggestions - my kiddo is now a 6'5" man and my legs are quite the opposite...

Regarding the padding, I have several men's shorts and don't have any issues with the padding being for guys and me being a girl.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brunogerussi wrote:

My wife is struggling to find.a pair of bike (not tri) shorts which fit her comfortably. This is not a saddle issue - she has a comfortable saddle and has had a proper bike fit.

She's 5'1" with skinny legs.

The issue seems to be that leg doesn't fit snugly so the shorts tend to bunch/fold.

Any suggestions? Soas tri shorts fit her well - but she's looking for bike shorts.

Thanks for the help.

Maybe try smaller pairs of bib shorts? Waist size doesn't really matter for bibs so she can go as small as she needs to for the legs to fit. Maybe look into larger kid's sizes if need be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm tiny as well and swear by the SOAS bib shorts for cycling. Their xxs is the smallest cycling short I've found.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She might want to look at Desoto. They sell bike shorts as well as tri shorts. I can't wear them because anything that fits over my thighs will be too big anywhere else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
De soto makes an XS in their bike short that I bet will work for her! Plus there is a 30 day guarantee if they end up being too large.

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure I'd say I have skinny legs, but Soas XS is a good fit on me and I love the Castelli Free Aero Race bib shorts for longer training rides. The leg grippers stay in place really well, but are wide and comfortable.

http://www.extramilenutrition.com
Quote Reply