Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

back to it after baby
Quote | Reply
Hello Ladies - I have not posted in a long while but I have been lurking throughout my pregnancy - I just gave birth to a baby boy 10 days ago - he is so amazing - I cannot believe he is here.

My question is, for those of you who are moms, how long did you wait after giving birth before starting to train & race again. The docs keep giving me the standard 6 week answer, and I have heard the stories of women starting back too soon and hemorrhaging, but I feel good and am itching to go for a run. A little background: this is my first child, I am 35, I usually do a couple of 1/2 irons a year. I ran up to 32 weeks of this pregnancy and did some sort of workout every day until delivery. I did a sprint at 4.5 months (with an indoor swim - so no chance of getting kicked in the belly). So what do you think? Wait till 6 weeks or start sooner? and then what? How did you get back into it?

Thanks - C
Quote Reply
Re: back to it after baby [RoseC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

You'll likely get a lot of responses if this were posted in the Womens forum. You can re-post or maybe Jordan can move it.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's A LOT of answers to this *exact* in this forum, try searching first... ;-) and yes you can PM me if you want ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Rose, congratulations! So glad you are feeling energetic enough to get back to running. One word of caution: your pelvic floor took a major hit with the pregnancy and delivery. Your legs and heart might be into running but is it worth it to subvert the healing that needs to happen? I have a friend who does postnatal fitness and she strongly discourages running too soon. But with all things, it's a personal decision so do what is best for you.

Take care!
Quote Reply