Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zoot running shoes - What do you think?
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies, I am not new to the forum but haven't posted so I guess I'm a lurker (every day!). I live in SoCal with my husband and did my last IM 4 years ago. School and work got in the way of any sort of training. I'm fighting hard to lose those extra pounds and get back in shape. I enjoy following the daily conversations on this forum.

I searched the 'Womens' archives for posts on Zoot running shoes and didn't find any. For those of you who have the shoes, what do you think? Are they worth the money? Enough support? I like the idea of not having to wear socks, they seem light and comfortable.

Just looking for some real time info before I purchase.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot running shoes - What do you think? [DSimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you search the main forum, you will find info from both males and females. In fact, I just posted a very similar question today, and got a few replies.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot running shoes - What do you think? [Large] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much. I should have thought of that myself. I'll be sure to search that forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a fan. I know others that are. I think you just have to try them on and see. They didn't fit me well from the get go--they're actually pretty hard to get on and are too narrow for me. And, the heel comes up way high in the back. I know someone at our local tri store who says the heel thingy gives her massive blisters. Other people I know swear by them. So, to each their own!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I like mine? they are hard to get into. A little powder helps. I got blisters on my heels in about 6.5 mins. into my run. I don't see running over a 10k in them. But that's just me. I can see wearing them as regular shoes, if one had that kind of money, cause I think they are cute looking. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried them and the heel cup comes up WAY to high in the back for me, I couldn't even try to run in them because the back puts pressure on my achilles and my achilles starts to hurt, tried a size bigger and my foot swam in them.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot running shoes - What do you think? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for your help and quick replies.

I'm going to check out Saucony's new tri shoe as well and compare with the Zoot shoe.

I really want to like the Zoots, they are so cute. But, I don't want to suffer for vanity's sake!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have only worn them in sprints so far but love them.
I got them after Mooseman because i wanted the drainage holes - my running shoes must have weighed 3 pounds by the end of the first loop from water!

Last night I was in Sports Authority and saw a Nike race flat that had a cut out in the heel and holes in the sole....might have to check it out sometime...

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also really like mine. I've worn them in a half (Buffalo Springs) and they held up just fine. I have the stability ones (pink ones) and if they weren't $130 they would be my everyday running shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the K-Swiss tri shoe that is very similar to the Zoot and about $50 less expensive. It is also more comfy for me - lower on the heel and a little wider. I bought them to wear during SOS - where you have to swim with your shoes so I wanted a shoe that drains. Not enough of a support shoe for regular training, but they will get me through the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot running shoes - What do you think? [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have the pink ones and would only use them for a 10k or less - they are difficult to get into. I tried powder, but not very successful. I have trouble when I try to point my toe, I get a calf cramp started - this is coming off the bike - so the inability to get my feet in quickly causes me some angst. I did get some blisters on my heels, but I didn't notice them until I had completed the race. They are very light weight though and comfortable.

TerriJ
Quote Reply