Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your favorite Tri cycling shoes
Quote | Reply
I've been using my roadie shoes for the last 7 seasons (Sidi Genius). I love the fit, the look, and the Italian leather. However, after peeing all over them last year at IMLP and having to use pet carpet cleaner to get the ammonia smell out of them, I've decided it's time for me to buy a pair of tri bike shoes.
Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite Tri cycling shoes [kitboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Specialized Tri-Vents and really love them. They are well-ventilated and very comfy. They're my first pair of tri-specific shoes, so I can't compare them to others, but I've been really happy with them.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you like the fit of the Sidi shoes, definitely give the Sidi Women's T2 a try. If you like a carbon sole, they have a model with that as well. I've had the T2's for a couple of years and love them. I've tried Carnac and Shimano, and neither works as well for me as the Sidi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need a wide toe box, so I went with the Louie Garneau Tri Air 2, the ones with flames on the sides of the heels. Sad thing is they are the same shoes as the BFs so we look like cycling dorks when we ride together (but secretly I love it! hee hee!). I tried the Shimano carbon ones (with the baby blue toe inserts) and hated them. Roadie shoes are diadoras, but they are near the end of their life too.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite Tri cycling shoes [trigirl125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do the Sidi T2's fit a narrow foot?

I have Sidi shoes with a ratcheted strap (plus two other straps) which fit well on my narrow AA heels but make for slower transitions. I'm doing shorter stuff this year so every second will really count!
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite Tri cycling shoes [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I ask why you didn't like the Shimano carbon ones? I'm looking into carbon tri shoes since I've read that the stiffer sole might help with my foot problems (numbness, hot foot, etc.) - or at least I'm willing to try it. BUt have no idea which carbon shoe might be better......

--------------------

http://thethighmasterroutetokona.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite Tri cycling shoes [Gazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't like the fit in the toebox and heel cup, plus I didn't like spending that much $. And I really don't like baby blue.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite Tri cycling shoes [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... Sad thing is they are the same shoes as the BFs so we look like cycling dorks when we ride together (but secretly I love it! hee hee!).

You just love that because it looks like you won. No man would agree to that beforehand on principle.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sidi t2's - hands down. i have sidi road shoes as well, and just like the way sidi fits in general. worth the extra $ in my book.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite Tri cycling shoes [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sidi T2 but the men's shoe as it ran narrower. Also have a custom fit bed in it and finally for the first time ever have comfortable bike shoes that fit. For reference the only shoes that I can run in are AA width so my n=1 may be a bit meaningless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carnac

Jolene Wilkinson
Triathlon Coaching http://www.pacificfit.net
Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite Tri cycling shoes [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deff check out the sidis. they fit narrow feet well. i however have a very wide forefoot (see DUCKFEET).

i run a size larger than i would in cycling shoes and they work great. you can tighten the front down more or less than the rear and it fits me well.

but they are deff geared to a narrower foot. amazing shoes.

Quote Reply
Re: Your favorite Tri cycling shoes [newbz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I go with Sidi as well because I have narrow feet!
Quote Reply