Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your Top Five Valentines Day Gifts?
Quote | Reply
Womens, Ladies,...

What would be YOUR top five V-Day gifts? I have some great ideas but i'm hoping that your personal list will either confirm or deny my plans. Maybe it will give me some ideas for next year.

Maybe this will help with where i'm coming from: Late mid thirties, married 10 years, two kids 5.5 and 3.5, stay at home mom. Skip the granite counter tops and new undercounter lighting, just did that, ..and it's not time for a new minivan.

Thank You

Last edited by: B-Dub: Feb 5, 10 14:55
Quote Reply
Re: Your Top Five Valentines Day Gifts? [B-Dub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno about your wife, but I want a chunk of dark chocolate. The really dark, bitter stuff. Not a bar of it, but a chunk as if it has been mined like coal.

Since I am not dating anyone I think I shall be buying one of those for myself :P

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Your Top Five Valentines Day Gifts? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI: This is her newest favorite thing: www.bakerella.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i personally left the Tiffany catalog and hinted :) we've done the new windows and carpet, I've got a couple of new bikes, I pretty much raise 2boys and the husband and work full time. Not really a jewelry kinda gal but we've been married 25 yrs and I like the Tiffany's stuff :) moderately priced
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Race wheels (track)
2. Tubie training wheels (track)
3. Plane ticket to Portugal for Worlds
4. New road bike
5. the Mavic yellow track shoes

I'm easy to please. ;-)

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
FYI: This is her newest favorite thing: www.bakerella.com

Oh my, that web site is awesome! I really didn't need to see that though, trying to lose baby weight.

I think anything you get her will be sweet since you are obviously putting time and thought into it. I hope you have a great vday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
personally i'd love a bouquet of athletic socks...

one of my girlfriends is totally into tri but she's also a girly girl...she'd want jewlery. argh, i don't even know how to spell it... diamonds i can spell...that's what she'd want!

if you want to do something special i think whatever it is it needs to be personal and just for her.

sounds like she's lucky to have you!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe pick the newest thing from that website and get the ingredients for it and you two could make the sweets together?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked my husband to hire someone to come clean the house top to bottom and then come out 1-2 times a month to help maintain. We both travel for work, spend a lot of time training, and have 4 dogs so we are very busy and the house is not always as tidy and clean as I would like. For me, this would save me so much time and energy that it is by far top on my list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love to bake, and I love the Bakerella site, so this is what I would recommend:

1. A Jessie Steele apron. I have the Cherries apron, and I love it. They're really cute, and a baker/cook can never have enough cute aprons. Here are some on eBay, but I believe you can also buy them at Williams-Sonoma or at Bed Bath & Beyond.

http://shop.ebay.com/...t=See-All-Categories

2. Cute measuring cups and/or measuring spoons. If you have an Anthropologie store near you (if you're in So Cal, they're popping up everywhere), they have really neat gifts for bakers (handpainted, pretty measuring spoons, etc.) like these:

http://www.anthropologie.com/...e=&templateType=

Even if she has functional baking utensils, some of these will make her want to use them more! Anthropologie also has cute aprons.

In my opinion, a romantic gift is something frivolous that you don't necessarily need. If she knows you were planning on buying it anyway (e.g., new washer and dryer, car, etc.) and using V-day as an excuse to buy it, it's not romantic.

In my next life, I'm going to be a personal shopper.
Quote Reply
Re: Your Top Five Valentines Day Gifts? [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
off topic - but another really fun baking site:
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love cooking too, but would be pretty disappointed if I got anything for the kitchen for v-day. OK maybe a sweet new meat cleaver with my nickname laser etched on the blade... LOL just kidding.

V-day to me is about saying to your partner "you drive me wild... you make my heart thump... I get butterflies everytime you walk in the room... I can't wait to get you alone hubba hubba booomchickawahwah..." you get my drift.

Something that conveys THAT message... that's the ticket.

My top 5 right now, off the top of my head:
- flowers (seriously)
- sexy undies
- jewelry (and I'm not a sparkly kinda of girl either)
- spa GCs
- tickets
and a 6th for ya:
- a great meal, in or out, with some killer champers (my guy is a wicked cook too)

Good luck!
AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Your Top Five Valentines Day Gifts? [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cake wrecks is pretty awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if you have someone to watch the kids, but if you can set that up:

all day spa package with the works - massage, facial, lunch, manicure, pedicure, and hair/makeup. Have her bring something to wear for dinner.

Pick her up at the end of the spa day (flowers in hand) and take her to a nice dinner with good wine. She'll give you your gift afterwards when you get home :)

Really, do something like that to show you appreciate her commitment to you and the kids. Getting her to relax at the spa followed them doing her up to the nines will make her feel sexy and attractive. You can't lose.
Last edited by: Bossman: Feb 6, 10 19:58
Quote Reply