Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Working out after birth
Quote | Reply
When did you moms get back into working out after giving birth?
Quote Reply
Re: Working out after birth [BamaTriGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there - I think it depends on how much you worked out during pregnancy, and how fast you feel like yourself again. I waited 9 or 10 days after birth to run again, and then it was short - 3 or 4 miles - and slow. My Dr. said it was fine to run when I felt like it, but my mother argued that my uterus was going to fall out :) I think if you feel good, an easy workout is fine. But I did heed one bit of Dr advice - if it causes an increase in bleeding, then it was probably too early.

That first run - well, compared to running at 40 weeks, you feel light as a feather! So fun.

Rachel
Quote Reply
Re: Working out after birth [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. Yea, I feel like I am weight training now...like I have a 20 pound vest on while working out. It will be strange (but so very nice) to take that first run without the weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a c-section and worked out until the day before delivery. My doctor gave me the go ahead to *try* step aerobics when I went in for my 2 week post partum visit. I was able to do aerobics just fine - but jumping around hurt my incision for about another week. By 3 weeks post c-section I could do anything I wanted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate to be the downer on this one but I was the one who after my third child did an easy 5k 8 weeks after birth. Started running probably 2-3 weeks post. I was so proud of myself and felt great but.... 4 years later I am having ligament and back troubles which my PT knew before I even answered her question that I had started running that early. She said that my pelvic and back ligaments never tightened up enough and has made me much more prone to injury. So just becareful.

COtrimom

Quote Reply