Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Womens saddle comfort
Quote | Reply
My wife needs the best saddle out there on the market probably specially designed for women. Rides over 1hr hurt, over 90 minutes painful in soft tissue private areas....need girls to help us out here!

Come race with us! There is always lots to do in New Orleans after finishing an early morning tri or DU!
GOOGLE NORTHSHORETRICLUB
Quote Reply
Re: Womens saddle comfort [NSTriClub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cobb V Flow Plus. My front hiney has never been so happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Search saddle and there have been quite a few threads.

That said, a saddle is a very personal thing. What works for one may not work for the next.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! I used to ride a Specialized Jett...but when I bought my new Cervelo R3, I kept the mens saddle and it's actually more comfortable than the two women's saddles I have used. I agree with CLM- it is pretty much personal preference. I, do, however use a De Soto Seat Pad over my saddle and only ride w/ a tri-short then (very small fleece pad.)

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Womens saddle comfort [sdtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi! I used to ride a Specialized Jett...but when I bought my new Cervelo R3, I kept the mens saddle and it's actually more comfortable than the two women's saddles I have used. I agree with CLM- it is pretty much personal preference. I, do, however use a De Soto Seat Pad over my saddle and only ride w/ a tri-short then (very small fleece pad.)

interesting setup. what saddle is on the bike, if i might ask?

i might have to buy a de soto seatpad. i help run the triathlon club at my university and i'm always lending bikes to women so they can try the sport out. i used to have a friend who had an extra specialized jett lying around that i could borrow, but she sold it :\
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, I am the mix here. I use the Jett on the road bike (no complaints) and the V-Flow Max on the tri bike (less support on the crotch, but maybe it's the rotated position. It's oddly shaped so would the DeSoto seat cover even fit on it?
Quote Reply
Re: Womens saddle comfort [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently use a Fizik Arione Wing Flex Saddle with a De Soto seat cover. The seat cover is a simple, inexpensive solution to discomfort. I even rode my road bike up until I was six months pregnant- no problems- even w/ the extra weight. Now I am less than 2 weeks away from my due date and am riding w/ the wide seat pad on a spin bike at the gym- the little extra padding is a life-saver (but I'm still wearing my De Soto Tri Shorts!)

Tracy M. De Soto
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Womens saddle comfort [sdtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wicked beans. good luck with the birth!
Quote Reply
Re: Womens saddle comfort [Lilac J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Lilac J-

I checked out your V-Flow Max and I can't say for certain, but I think it would fit. I see what you're saying about the odd size- but you can get the wide version that may work just perfectly. Plus, De Soto has a satisfaction guarantee so even if it doesn't work, you can return it within the required time period.

Check it out!

Tracy M. De Soto
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply