Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Womens at IMF?
Quote | Reply
I'm sure they are all getting ready for bed etc right about now.

Anyone know if any womens are doing the race?

Good luck to anyone who is.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMF? [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well one only went for Ricky Martin, right?

Quote | Reply
I probably should have posted before the race!! I was there and finished in 14:36...I know some of those guys on the main forum think doesn't count if it's over 13 but I was SO happy with my race. :-) My first IM was 15:58 so this was significantly better. My husband came in 11:04, cutting over 30 minutes off his last IM time. We signed up on Friday for next year so I have a year to work on the cycling and running. The great thing about being a slow poke is that you can easily cut HOURS off your times. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMF? [Tri1016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge improvement! Where did you trim the time? My last IM was a 21 minute PR on the run but my swim was so poor and I hadn't gotten any better on my bike, I don't like riding, so my overall PR was only 12 minutes.

So, where did you do the most work and where did it show?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was out there right with you. 14:18 for my first IM.

Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMF? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats squesen! Great time! We had a perfect day!

Surprisingly, I cut the most on the run...over 50 minutes. The first one, I resigned myself to walking most of the run...my only goal was to finish. Even though I only cut 20 minutes off my bike, I felt that is where I improved the most. I felt way stronger, if that makes any sense. I still have tons of room to improve so next year I know I'll have a faster bike. I only cut 7 minutes on the swim but I don't think I'll be able to take much more off that maybe 4 more minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job ladies!! Congratulations!!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations to the Womens at IMF! You all rocked it.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMF? [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to everyone! What a day!

See my post in the "how'd you do thread" for my bike experience at IMFL. I pissed away 35 minutes stopping on the bike -- literally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!! Enjoy that post race high!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations ST womens!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm always suprised at what people do on the bike to kill themselves for the run. I passed a couple hundred people, literally, on the run at IM CdA because they had all pushed too hard on the bike.

Very smart race on your part. Well done. Being happy with how you did is fantastic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMF? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm always amazed at how many people pass me in the first 20 miles of the bike and then I catch in the last 30 miles. Keeping track of their numbers is what keeps my mind occupied for the bike ride. I always repeat the numbers in my mind until I remember them so when I pass them back I go back to having faith in my pacing plan!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there. It was my first. I wanted to break 13 but came in in 13:43. I had a tough bike. That's where I'll really spend my efforts over the next year or two before my first one. I gave it everything I had so I can't complain. Other than my wedding and the birth and adoption of my kids, it was the coolest thing I've done in my adult life. I just had a blast.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens at IMF? [Nemostrin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was there too and it was a great weekend.
My secret goal was to break 13 hours and I came in at 13:07.
For my first IM, I am really happy.
I cannot help but think about all the what ifs though.

I thought the first 60 miles on the bike was windy. Guess I got my butt kicked there
Quote Reply