Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's always the ones you expect the least, isn't it? ;)

Quote | Reply
yes. i can't keep it in anymore. i'm a britney fan. i listen to "blackout" pretty regularly. I haven't gotten "circus" yet, but I will soon.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somehow I figured a vegan athlete with tattoos would be the last person to like Britney. My world view has shifted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 inches of snow on the ground here in the Land of Oz...wishing this trip was tomorrow...cabin fever...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 inches here in the Northwest with more on the way tonight. Got down to 12 degrees last night. H8

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get that snow out of there by next Tuesday when I land at KCI!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New CX training idea - push a snow blade in front of my bike!

My bike handling skills could only get better!

Cathy, I'll be your lead out, as long as you don't mind traveling at ~12 mph!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

April 8-12, 2009 (Wed-Sun)

We are about 3 months away so wanted to put this on everyone's radar again and start getting a tentative headcount.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. The only thing that might prevent me from coming is DH's work/travel schedule, but I've entered it into his calendar so he'll avoid travelling that week if he can. Looking forward to it. Is this year #4?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
April 8-12, 2009 (Wed-Sun)

We are about 3 months away so wanted to put this on everyone's radar again and start getting a tentative headcount.

clm
I'll be there.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [swimfan®] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to wear the team uniform:

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [swimfan�] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, camp is something I look forward to every year because it gets better everytime! I should be in better shape this year but I'm still afraid of those hills and the descents. If there wasn't a hot tub to come home to, I might not do some of those rides. Cathy, I might drive down this year, when are you leaving?

I've got a bag of tees and capris that I will be giving out to the ladies. They are screw-ups, victims of the learning curve from screen printing at home. They make great bed time or gardening clothes. I'll also bring all my new stuff, team Xantusia members get 30% off.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>Cathy, I might drive down this year, when are you leaving?<<

Probably going early on Monday.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in and already daydreaming about all of that lovely sunshine...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a maybe - I have five big ($) races this year and I might not be able to afford a camp as well. The timing would be perfect though as the first 1/2IM is in May.

I'll let you know when I know.

Ap

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm out. Already spending too much $$ this year.

Quote | Reply
I'm still in.

Would somebody direct me to how exactly this thing works?

It's my first camp and I don't know anything except that I swim, bike, and run with the ladies and hopefully don't have to share bedding with Swimfan!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How it works:

Show up when you can, hopefully, you can hook up with someone and car pool from the airport. Put your stuff in a room, usually Cathy and Monty work that out, pet some doggies and then either get in the hot tub or go workout. Every day we wake up to Monty's home cooked meals and strong coffee, then we head out for a ride or a run. Depending on how far or fast you go, you go with women of similar interests and abilities. Every other day we drive down to go swim and get lunch out. Otherwise, Monty cooks. When you aren't training you can either socialize, hot tub, drink, or sleep. At the end off camp, we have a big hug fest and drink too much before we all head home teary eyed and tired. Monty likes to entertain us with his glory stories and sometimes there is a male victim I mean male guest that hangs out with us.

You will leave stronger from training and with new friends.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll need to do the math on cost. I'd love to come down so I get in some running on different trails. No cycling for me but I'll join the swims. I'll keep the dogs busy :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where: Xantusia (Valyermo, CA).
The best airports are Ontario or Burbank (about an hour), LAX or Long Beach are also options, but are 90 minutes or more (maybe way more depending on traffic).

How much?
$ per/night for accommodations and food to be determined (Gourmet chef and all food and drink are included). $50 deposit due prior. (I'll update this soon.)

What is included?
Accommodations, food, drink, wi-fi internet access (bring your own laptop), open kitchen, but Monty will cook for us. Past menus have included tri tip steaks, Monty's special salmon, lasagne, and all the healthy (and non healthy) trimmings). Perks include hot tub and lots of loving puppy dogs!

What will we do?
Swim, bike, run; socialize; hear stories from Monty and Dan; sit in the hot tub; eat, drink, laugh A LOT; make some fabulous friends.

Do I have to come the entire time?
No, if it doesn't fit your schedule...come one day, two days or all five. If you are local and just want to day trip, train and eat, that's fine too (but RSVP and pay in advance please.)

Is this just for Ironman people?
No! Sprint, Olympic, Ironman, slow, fast, serious, not so serious…something for everyone.

What about us dudes?
Sorry, but no, unless your name is Normann Stadler or you are Swedish.

Do I need to bring my bike?
It’s recommended, but it’s possible that loaner bikes will be available. Must inquire and reserve in advance.

What about shipping my bike?
Shipping is no problem. Just use UPS and send to 17116 Bobs Gap Rd, Valyermo, CA 93563....attention: Mark Montgomery.

Questions or to RSVP:
PM or email trackie clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was considering it, but it's the weekend after New orleans 70.3 and the weekend before Boston and I just can't travel that much. Have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have LOVED to attempt this - but I'm also travelling the week before and after (first race of season). Must post good stories so we can all drool and turn green with envy!!!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What about us dudes?
[/quote]My name is Normando Sanchez. Does that work??? :p
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Xantusia Training Camp [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
What about us dudes?
[/quote]My name is Normando Sanchez. Does that work??? :p

Please submit a photo and we will take it under consideration. ;-)

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay, will switch from lurker to team member! I'm planning on arriving midday on Friday 10th (have some binding work commitments Thursday). Should we plan to leave Monday 13th, or Sunday evening? For those of us flying east, leaving on Sunday means heading to the airport around 2 PM, which sounds like it would cut into training and frivolity time!
Quote Reply

Prev Next