Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who is doing IMCDA?
Quote | Reply
I'll be there volunteering!! I'm a finish line catcher from 6-9pm and want to keep an eye out for any of the womens who may be crossing then!

I assume I will be signing up for next year while on my trip. I'm looking forward to being able to actually see the course a year before I race on it.

Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [KWTriGrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there but probably finish after your shift :-(.

I'm shooting for a 15:00 - 15:30. No, I won't post that time to the main forum or I'll get kicked off the boards for being one of "those" people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey - no worries!! My first was 15:31 and second was 14:40 - so I wouldn't have made my time frame either! I want to stick around after my shift and watch more people too - so I'll look out for you! Post your race # when you get it!

Quote | Reply
In along with husband and 4 friends. the main forum is suffering some issues right now - just stay here with supportive chicks ;).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't wait!

I'm hoping to miss your shift too :P but hopefully there will be an ST get-together at some point.

Your are gonna LOVE the new course. Are you bringing your bike? Last year, I rode the course on Saturday (and then did this brutal transition run - you should have seen the looks that people gave me, thinking that I was racing .. LOL). It was like this great party with people from all over checking things out.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [Miranda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I'm going to bring my bike with all the lovely new airline charges. So far I have a free plane ticket and place to stay, so I'm going to try to keep this trip as cheap as possible! (well, besides the $500 entry fee I'll be paying for the day after the race!).

I have heard it is beautiful and I'm excited about getting to see it all. I'm also looking forward to at least a run or two in cooler weather (I'm in Houston...enough said!).

Good luck and I'll keep an eye out for you during the day!

Quote | Reply
I may be going up to watch. I can't pass up an opportunity to cheer for Michael Lovato!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. If all goes well, I hope to be in by the end of your shift!!! I must admit, the water temperature is making me nervous but t here is nothing I can do about it. The venue looks beautiful. It's getting so close!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there...look for the woman in the air cast! I'm going to do the swim and then take my second official DNF ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Angela (2024), my girlfriend, and I (1092) should be crossing the finish line during your shift. We are still not sure who will cross first though. She will be the one bouncing off the walls, high fiving everyone in the finish chute with a huge smile on her face no matter how tough her race has gone and I will look like death warmed over no matter how the race went.

it turns out that our OP is only "mostly" dead........ ElGordo
Last edited by: GregZ: Jun 12, 08 14:30
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [GregZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12 DAYS LADIES! (and gents)

I'm getting the "I feel fat and out of shape" taper feeling. Ugh. I'm now scared to death I won't be ready but 2 weeks ago I knew I was. Ugh.

Definately getting the "I only have this on my schedule? That can't be right."

I am getting excited today for the first time in two weeks.

Woooohooo!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to finish by 9pm, so I might see you! Will post a bib number when NAS finally posts them :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If all goes well I hope to cross during your shift. Are you going to wear a KWTRiGirl shirt so we can identify you?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [Tightey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THE BIB NUMBERS ARE HERE!

2095 for me

http://www.nasports.com/participants/

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2027. I feel like anything over the number 2000 signals "I'm old." :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [Coyote] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no sympathy from me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are just babes...2264...so that would make me the oldest :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [Mizzou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, got you beat - #2345. At least it will be easy to remember!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [lmnilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is an awesome race number! Good luck everyone!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 2188 and my friend Teresa is 2191 so you'll either see us or our bikes in transition! It's her second (Brazil 07) and my first ever!!! Coming from totally flat, hot and humid South Florida, this will be quite a shock to the system and the legs! Hoping for a 15:something finish but anything under 16:59:59 will be fine with me. Dreading the "hills" - we have a bridge - that's all. Soooo not ready for this...
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [jojo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are looking at a 15:something then we will see each other out there. I'm 2095 so our bikes will be relatively close together.

Weather is looking great for the next 10 days. We might have a reasonable water temp after all!

http://www.weather.com/...48?from=search_10day

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL, ok we're all old. ;) I'll see if I can find some of you at the race!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [jojo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2175. Also hot and flat in Charleston, SC. We had a cold wave today the past few days with highs in the low 90's. Pool water was 86 on Wednesday.

First IM, so I am going with the logical goal of a strong finish. In late April, I really thought I could finish sub 11:45 even with my 90 minute swim ----- . I am no longer complaining about injuries and will become an Ironman on June 22, 2008. I now expect around 14, but will be happy with 15 and still very satisfied to finish

Who else is looking at their flight status? My husband flies in from Germany on Monday night. We fly out on different airlines into Pasco, Washington on Tuesday. Pasco is 2 - 3 hours from CdA, but we had a voucher and saved $500.00 on the other ticket. Each flight has two connections and during the past week, five flights were on time. If goes as the past week on flights, neither of us will make it to Pasco on Tuesday night.

Quote | Reply
Hi ladies!

Wow, so many doing CDA! My goal is to do it next year but I'm a bit nervous as I too live in the hot, FLAT south. For those from the flatlands, you'll have to report back to let me know how it went.

Good luck to you all. I'll be checking in!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing IMCDA? [siobhan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm from Houston and plan on registering for next year, so I'm in the same boat as you! I have heard it is beautiful, so maybe the scenery will be enough?? Ha! Ignorance is bliss and I'll just have to go with that for a year.

Prev Next