Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

White tri jersey?
Quote | Reply
I want to buy a new outfit for my IM, and I'm considering buying a white shirt (Zoot or De Soto). IS it a good idea, or we'll see the color of my boobs under it all day?
Last edited by: IMV: Jun 16, 09 5:19
Quote Reply
Re: White tri jersey? [IMV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I want to buy a new outfit for my IM, and I'm considering buying a white shirt (Zoot or De Soto). IS it a good idea, or we'll see the color of my boobs under it all day?
aren't you going to wear a bra under it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't worry so much about the boobs, but the gunk you'll spill on yourself all day. Red gatorade, chocolate gu, it could get really ugly by the end of the day. : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it will be the same as running in a clear jersey all day. It'll be invisible and you'll be "boobs to the world".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a yellow zoot trifit suit with white internal shelf bra, and it's not that see-thru when it's wet. both of these pics are fresh out of the water:

it doesn't appear that de soto has anything pure white - all their tops have coloured fabric over the boobs, with the white fabric elsewhere.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I wore a white Zoot tri top for a Half Ironman last year and while it was great DURING the race (no boob-age or see through stuff), it is soooooo NOT white anymore. I washed it like normal immediately after the race, hung to dry, and half of the material turned an off white yellow-ish color! It also has a ridiculous dirt ring around the neck. I soaked it in bleach water for a few hours, and washed it again, nothing.

It turned into what is an expensive training top now :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even if it's not see through, white only looks good the first time you wear it. I have a couple of tops that are white with another colour, one is 2XU in Royal Blue/White and the other is Oomph! Floral/white. The white on both of them is now an ugly shade of grey. It's a shame because both were great tops. The 2XU one ran after the first time I wore it. :(
Quote Reply
Re: White tri jersey? [banana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I have that same Oomph floral blue/white top which I LOVED! until the white went dingy dishwater grey... even my coolskin stuff is going kinda yellow from the wear. I try to never buy white technical fabrics as they just look nasty soooo quickly.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: White tri jersey? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh well... I ordered the Zoot Ultra racer back - BLUE.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Under Armour doesn't stay white either. It ends up yellowish.
Quote Reply
Re: White tri jersey? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>it doesn't appear that de soto has anything pure white <<

They used to have a long-sleeved tech top in white. Mine is still white (not faded or dinged or grey) after many, many washings (gentle cycle, little soap and never dried).

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi!

The great thing about De Soto is that all of their bra tops are double lined with the same fabric as the outside so they're all virtually opaque and you cannot see through them at all. If you are buying the tri jersey, you'll need to buy either a micro or carrera bra top to wear underneath (which i prefer for hot days on the run anyway) but if you buy any of the carrera or micro pieces- they're all double lined, supportive and awesome!

Feel free to email me any questions, I have most of the pieces as I prefer them greatly to other brands!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply