Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When you're not "officially" training...
Quote | Reply
What does your schedule look like when you're not training for a specific race/event or during your off season? How many days per week/hours are you working out?
Quote Reply
Re: When you're not "officially" training... [tlmanella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually for those times it is whenever I want to and whatever sounds fun -- often the off season/non-training time is just when I need a break from all the structure.

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Last edited by: kylie: Jun 17, 08 17:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Off-season??? Like the week of Christmas or something? Zero hours.

Jan: Training crits, end of cyclocross. More swimming since the weather is usually crappy.

Feb: Crit and road season begins; start back up on the track. Continue Mar-Apr. Throw in one week training camp at Xantusia.

April: Track racing begins, but really ramps up end of May through August. Continue crit and road races. A tri or two as they fit in.

September: Track Masters Nats. Maybe a week off after that as I have to go to the East Coast for work. But, cyclocross will be starting up.

October: Week R&R in Kona. Rest of month is cyclocross. Not sure what goes on at the track.

November/December: Cyclocross.

Have I mentioned I love to ride my bike?

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mostly just run (a lot of mindless 7 mile runs w/ my dogs) and swim (mostly ocean swims with friends) when I want to, and throw in a bike ride whenever some asks me to join them.
Quote Reply
Re: When you're not "officially" training... [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not officially training now. I needed a break after a year of intense training.

I'm commuting to work now on my bike, run most AMs, 3-6 miles, and go to swim practice once a week.

I'll also ride with the bike club 2-3x a month, but not a lot of drills and such. I'm just enjoying staying in shape and exercising.

I'll be doing some short distances, but IMAZ 2009 is my A race.

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also just run when I'm not officially training for anything. It's the only thing that doesn't take any planning on my part. I try to get out 6 days a week to do something, but I'm happy if I get in at least 4 - 5 hours.
Quote Reply