Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to get Dr.
Quote | Reply
My Doctor goes over and above what is expected. I would like to buy him a gift of appreciation. Any suggestions? It's kind of hard to buy for someone who has everything....
Quote Reply
Re: What to get Dr. [shelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My husband is a urologist and his patients give him wine. Can’t go wrong with that, sometimes fruit and one patient has an olive grove so he gives my husband beautiful virgin olive oil. Even if you don’t give him anything he/she would appreciate you for being a nice patient. One of the nicest gifts my husband said he gets, are the nice card of gratitude. As you said they have everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veterinarian chiming in:

I've mostly received cards with photos... I keep them all in a drawer for days when I feel unsure about my calling... I call it my "I don't suck as a veterinarian" drawer. It really lifts my spirits. I also have gotten wine (one with a label with a dog in an Elizabethan collar (AKA "lampshade") -- forgot the name of the wine, coz I can't drink much alcohol, so I gave it to another DVM; chocolates; a Longaberger basket; cookies; some funny blank New Yorker magazine dog cartoon cards; some earrings; gift certificates; a "Darwin fish" emblem for my car; and some running gear (:-D)

...but the cards last forever.
Quote Reply
Re: What to get Dr. [PBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know any of his likes? If not, a nice card that says exactly how you feel is priceless...

My office-mate got an Incredible Edible basket from one of her patients and it was awesome.

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm an ER doc. A nice card really makes my day.

Speaking as a patient now... when I was able to do my first sprint triathlon after getting my pacemaker I dropped off a bag of bagels and cream cheese at my cardiologist's office, along with a nice card.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The local hospital might have a yearly award - look into it and nominate him/her.
Quote Reply