Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What makes you happy, best thing about today
Quote | Reply
Angela K suggested in elsewhere and I thought it sounded like a perfect idea. "Happiness is a choice that we make every day." We all have good days and we have bad days. We've had rough seasons and/or races. Let's take a minute to find and point out something good, highlight the positive in some part of your life. If you're having a bad day, reading through the happiness might help ditch part of the negative and focus on a bright spot. If you're having a good day, spread the wealth!

(The beatings will continue - as well as the cheerleading - until morale improves!)

My warm-fuzzy today: It's my birthday. I've survived another year! And I've got great friends that have remembered me and passed along great tidings. There's a really dark spot on my birthday from a few years ago, but each year I make it to another is one more year that the dark doesn't win.

My friends make me happy. Thank you to my friends.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A good thread and one I was going to start had you not (after reading Angela's suggestion).

It's still early today, but I've plenty to be happy about.

1) Morning walks or runs with my dog. I may only run for 20 minutes and with less frequency, but after having had a minor back injury lately I cherish that I am able to run at all. That it's something I can do with my dog makes it even better.

2) The turtle on the trail. I walked this morning instead of running so I could explore the trail near me without slipping. Half of it was underwater just yesterday from all the flooding, so being able to use it at all made me happy, and seeing a box turtle right in the middle of the trail.. well that was just fantastic.

3) The sun is out! I've not seen the sun in AGES! I'd started to doubt the existence of the sun, but today it's shining and beautiful and wonderful!

4) Coffee

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for this thread! I need it today.

Woke up today to cooler temps, low 70's. Here in southeast Texas that's practically freezing! Had a really good run, and tonight is brick night with the gang. Lots of good things going on...training is good, we don't have the flu (thought we did but it's just one of the many viruses going around), I am very blessed in so many ways.

Happy birthday AWARE!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [miTmite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Birthday AWARE! Make sure you toast to something fabulous tonight while consuming something fabulous.

Today - the clouds are lifting and the sun will soon shine. I get to run, because I want to this evening, not because my training says to. And, best of all, I get to see the girls at Book Club tonight. Can't wait to get outta work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Birthday! Mines coming up in a few days too. Yay September birthdays.

Although I broke my ankle this past weekend and have a million reasons to be sad, including not being able to race IMFL... There are definitely some highlights to my current situation:

1. I get to relax and work from home.
2. Being on crutches always tightens my abs
3. My moms coming in town over the weekend to take care of me after surgery. A few years ago I would have dreaded this. After losing my dad suddenly in December, I really appreciate family much more.
4. I realized just how many people care about me and look towards me for a good attitude after a bad situation. Its what I'm "known" for within the group I train with... always having a positive outlook.

Thanks for starting this thread :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happy birthday! :D

i have so many wonderful things in my life right now, from the micro to the macro..

micro: i'm eating a big bowl of fresh strawberry and banana chunks - one of my favourite things!

macro: i spent the weekend with awesome friends, some of whom i only see once a year, and made sure i gave every one of them a hug and let them know how much they mean to me.

micro: i have managed to run some more reasonable distances for the last 2 days without re-injuring my ankle.

macro: i have amazing parents, and we just made plans to have thanksgiving dinner as a family.

micro: i'm feeling very pleased with myself for FINALLY identifying and correcting a weak catch with my left hand in the pool last night, bringing me back up to the swimming speed i know i'm capable of, and getting rid of the tendency to drift left that pissed me off so much at my last race.

macro: i have the world's most awesome husband, and we're still head over heels for each other after 6+ years of marriage. to add a micro-happiness to that, i drive up to his warehouse every day to have a tea with him (and make him a cup of coffee) on his 3 o'clock break. 15mins that make the rest of my day better!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Happy Birthday Aware!!!

What a wonderful thread, I'll add to the happiness!

1. really excited for the cold weather in boulder (it's freezing today). which means...snow is coming and i LOVE the snow!
2. about 12 days until my marathon. very happy about (so far, knock on wood) not being injured going into this! last time, i was training for a marathon, I got a stress fracture. so, yay for being healthy!
3. looooove the boyfriend. going on 3 years in about 2 weeks. have never been with anyone this long...LOVE him. trying to think of cool anniversary/birthday gifts--our birthdays are in about 2 weeks too...anyone with advice, let me know!
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [swimlinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow swimlinz,
regarding #2-that is REALLY looking on the bright side! Good for you.
Me, I'm happy that I got to go into work late today, and it was cool (enough. not cool. just cool enough) to do a morning run with my pup. And it also made me happy to see how excited he was! He's had a loooong, hot summer here in Arizona!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lapping the whipped cream, cat-like, off my latte was the best part of yesterday.

The best part of today - a swim without shoulder pain... second: found cat-shaped PEEPS for Halloween.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AWARE!!!

Make sure that if someone else isn't spoiling you today that you do something to spoil yourself.

I too am happy to have survived another year.

I am also happy that I am now living a life in which sometimes the worst days are the best.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today - hmmmmm....
The BEST part of the morning was the big smile, hug and squeal of joy that my 2 yr old little guy gave me before I left for work! Usually he is still in bed when I leave, so this was extra special! He is a total doll!
Alot of things in my life suck right now, but I did have a delicious coffee this afternoon, and I made it through tonight without eating after dinner! WHoohooo - small victories!
Tomorrow will be a good day - already have the bike on the trainer, good to go for a morning 'ride' before work!

Oh ya - Happy Birthday, Aware!!
Last edited by: Angela K: Sep 23, 09 19:51
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [Angela K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Birthday!

I'll have to get back to you tomorrow about the best thing, today wasn't very good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Happy Birthday!

I'll have to get back to you tomorrow about the best thing, today wasn't very good.

What JenHS said.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best thing about yesterday:
Lugging my 5 and 3 1/2 year old up a hill that always seems to kick my butt on my Mt. Bike (pulling the burley) and hearing two sweet angelic voices calling from behind me saying, "You can do it Mommy, you are almost there.....You are doing good, keep going, you've almost made it".

Best thing about today (ok it technically hasn't really started yet so these r things I'm looking forward to):
Getting to go on a field trip with my 5 year old this morning. Getting my hair colored this afternoon. Getting a movie with my girls and watching it tonight since Daddy is working overtime. Packing for a little weekend girls trip. Knowing I have family and friends who return my love for them.

Quote | Reply
Happy Belated Birthday AWARE

It's only 9am here but thus far the best thing has been the fact that the new tankless water heater quote I got this morning is right about what I expected. Why is that good? Because that quote doesn't take into account the tax credit the gov't is allowing for new energy efficient home improvements (up to $1500) or the $150 rebate from my local gas company. Cutting $1650 from the cost (even if it is in rebates/credits) is a very good thing!

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, yesterday was bleh. Did not hear what I wanted to hear from the doctor. (Two more weeks of trainer riding only, no rollers, no outside riding.)

Today: Fabian Cancellara is WORLD CHAMPION AGAIN! He obliterated the field. That makes me smile.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy birthday, Aware!

swimlinz, cracking up at #2. Thanks for the tip. My core needs some work.

My best thing -- the Hershey's Kisses are finally all gone, so I'm not tempted anymore. (Second best thing, I just ate a bunch of Hershey's Kisses. Yum!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Happy birthday! (Belated)

Best thing about today - I get to go home to my wife, and I can still easily participate in two very strenuous activities (triathlon/martial arts) at an age when many of my counterparts have trouble dragging themselves off the couch for another beer.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
having lunch with my brother

bringing gifts home for my family members.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After a few rough weeks where I started a new job and my boyfriend broke up with me - I had a great day today. I teach children with autism and today a child with especially challenging behaviors was an angel for me. I have been trying to convince my coworkers to be quiet and calm, firm, yet loving with him rather than yell at him and I think they finally believe me now. Two other teachers who come in my room noticed the change in the child too and it made me feel really good about what I do.
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tanker has agreed to do a 5k trail race with me tomorrow! he hasn't run since he left the military 18yrs ago (except joining me for 1km of a 3.5k run i did the night before a race a couple of months back), but i heard about the race this afternoon, talked to him about it on his break, and without me even making a suggestion he just up and decided to try it! :D

got him a pair of trail running shoes this evening, so he's going to join me for a short run tonight to break them in - that's what i call double awesomeness!

of course, now i have to worry about him beating me on no training.. :p

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Its been a pretty rough week but yesterday I finally did something for myself I've wanted to do for years. I got some cosmetic dentistry done. Got my teeth bleached in the office and some reshaping. Nothing radical but it made a surprising difference. And, the in-office whitening was 50% off and I didn't do vaneers but got equivalent results. I can't stop looking at my teeth in the mirror.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday:

It's a beautiful day, I'm home after being gone all week to my wonderful beau and kitties!
Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the smell of clean laundry

a nap!!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: What makes you happy, best thing about today [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So grateful today for my hubby, 2 yr old son and family - so supportive of me and all my craziness!

I am also very HAPPY to have committed to eating healthy again and getting back to structured workouts - up early this morning for a great trainer ride, bike commute to work, and a run at lunch. After flip flopping around after IMC, almost a month now, I am giddy about re-committing!! We are full into trying to have another baby, so I want to be healthy and ready for the demands of pregnancy. Yay!
Quote Reply

Prev Next