Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What are you training for next? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jen you'll be fine. It isn't really mandatory, I just do it bc I know where I stand and I like having the knowledge of the pain in the bank.
I need to log off and actually get some time on the dreadmill, this is going to be fun with calves on fire. Whomever invented running should be shot.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm attempting my first HIM with the Silverman 1/2 in Nov. To get ready for that I'm doing the Big Bear Half Marathon on Saturday, a local sprint the next weekend, and then the Carpinteria Olympic a month before my doomsday at Silverman. I have fewer than 10 weeks left. What was I thinking?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am training for the Reach the Beach Relay in New Hampshire 9/12. Its my first but most of the team has done it the last 3 years.
Doing the Finger Lakes Oly the week after in Canadiagua NY.
Nothing else scheduled until IMLP.

Polly
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [Eileen Steil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
training to learn how to walk again... Eileen, what happened?!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you! That San Fran race sounds like a hoot. I want pics post-race ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I do have a small race this weekend called Ironman Wisconsin. After that no clue!! I do want to run a marathon in the Spring.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GOOD LUCK!!!! Have a blast! Post your race number so we can follow you online.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [rockntrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be attempting my first full-distance at Silverman! Here's to us suffering together! This is week 10, there's plenty of time and we'll be fine!! (Just keep repeating that with me!!)
I'll be at Great Illini this weekend for a HIM distance.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [rockntrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silverman Half is so much fun. I am planning on doing it if I have any motivation left after Kona. I did it last year as the start to my serious training for IMAZ. I want to race it this year as the end of a very long year.

Even if I don't race it, I'm committed to going and cheering for a few friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After Kona, if I have any motivation left, I'm doing Silverman Half (not really going to train for it, hoping the myth of residual fitness isn't just a myth, but a fact). Then I'm going to sit around and do a whole lot of nothing for at least 6 weeks. Maybe try some standup paddleboarding during that time.

After the new year I'm going to attempt to train to swim the Maui to Lanai Channel (9-10 miles) sometime in late February/early March and then either California 70.3 or New Orleans 70.3 and then start training for IMLP next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training for training. Most of the summer (and part of the spring too) has been a bit dismal training-wise so I will be doing some focused off-season skills/strength stuff. With a team/coach so it's pretty structured. I'm pretty psyched about it!

May do the Philly 1/2 M, will do some smaller road races later in the fall and early winter.

Then, next year, a bunch of Oly/sprint races, as I really want to get FASTER and I can focus on that with shorter distances. Mostly ones I've done before, a couple of new ones. And planning on doing one XTERRA which will be a totally new thing for me. (and of course that means doing some mt biking and trail running which looks like a lot of fun!)

It's good to read all these things now, gets me motivated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Patriots Half this weekend as long as Tropical Storm Hanna behaves herself. Also, Watauga Lake (Oly) next weekend, Cane Creek the next (sprint) and any others I can find for October. St. Judes Marathon (tent) in December :)
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tig- nothing happened, just started lifting weights again seriously and haven't for about 10 yrs (at least not this seriously). I never look past the week, so when asked what are you training for next - training to walk right now :-) and probably could use a little help on my bitchness scale while in the gym working with said weights. Saying every 20 mins - who in their right mind LIKES lifting weights, this sucks, I'd rather be in the pool running, ect. probably isn't helping me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got a little surgery coming up that will cut into my training time and then I have a half marathon trail run (North Face Challenge) in October and some long distance Orienteering (off trail) events I will be doing......

leading into some XC Ski marathons in the winter....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After taking the month of August off from meaningful training (I DNF'd at LP due to hypothermia - first DNF in 19 years of racing), I'm doing some fun little running races (8K trail race this weekend) to prepare for a 1/2M in February (Hyannis Half) plus MiamiMan (sort of oly: .6/22/6.6) on Nov 9. MiamiMan should be fun since the run goes through the Miami Zoo.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [Eileen Steil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironically I actually will be working on learning how to walk again the rest of this season thanks to this brutally busted up leg of mine. To try and keep myself from a total pit of despair I've pegged the following two things to look forward to:

1. Austin 1/2 marathon in January 2009 (may only be able to do the relay team half marathon which will mean I only do 6.5 miles which sounds so wussy but it's with a good group of girls so they always make it fun).

2. Walla Walla Olympic Distance Tri, Walla Walla WA - end of May 2009 - what will hopefully be a full return to tris without any lingering leg issues. At the very least, it will be a weekend of great WA wine and good food

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doing SOS this weekend and am terrified. Training didn't go as planned this summer because of tendonitis in my achilles so I'm just looking to make the cutoffs and to finish on top of the mountain. I've always wanted to do this race and it will be my first time in New Paltz. Even though I'm way undertrained, I hear it is beautiful so I'm just out to enjoy the day.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am doing SOS this weekend as well!!! My training is not where I would like it to be and am just going to do it and have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [DirtGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive wanted to do the SOS for 23 years....sounds like an awesome event....
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking forward to it! I've been doing a lot of adventure racing and mtbing, and probably not enough swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [DirtGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SOS sounds like an amazing race, except I'm not sure it's something I would like to do. I liked it until I read that you have to swim with your shoes tucked into your shorts. I guess I'm just not that hard-core!! :)

Good luck to all of you and I hope you post a RR after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's what's left:

1/2 mary Sept 6
century Sept 7
Erie Marathon Sept 14
century Sept 20
10k Sept 28 (Pittsburgh Great Race, starts two blocks from my house!)
century Oct 4
1/2 mary Oct 18
IMFL Nov 1 my first IM :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets see, in the works for the end of this yr..... CP Hornoridge 10K, then my last big race will be Silver Strand 1/2. I might do the Xterra race at Dana Point, but haven't committed mentally to that one just yet. I'm trying to incorp biking, swimming into my 50+ running mileage/wk. Next yr, right now I'm thinking of doing the 18K in Death Valley, but they are a no ipod/headphone race, so I'm still sitting on the fence. I can't imagine a desert run without headphones, ugh! Then I want to do either a HIM or an Oly (dependent on my training) come next spring.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you training for next? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Silverman Half is so much fun. I am planning on doing it if I have any motivation left after Kona. I did it last year as the start to my serious training for IMAZ. I want to race it this year as the end of a very long year.

Even if I don't race it, I'm committed to going and cheering for a few friends.
I am also doing Silverman half, but for the first time and I am absolutely terrified. My coach warned me that it is, and I quote, "mountainous"...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last try of the season coming up on 10/5 so sad....

BUT WAHOO.. thinking of either New Orleans 70.3 or Orlando /Florida 70.3.

I am totally freaked out. My training parnter had an accident last night. He got hit by a car last night riding home from work. Low speed and just ended up with 12 stitches on a pre-existing scar from a slide out at crit practice, but scares the CRAP out of me nonetheless. He's one of my best friends and I can't see him until this afternoon/evening.

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply

Prev Next