Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's your favorite... [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too!!! I'm working from home tomorrow!!!

I love it when you can't wash off your number from a race. Reminds me the next day or so that I'm a triathlete (guess the aches/pains work too).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GREAT IDEA!

I love it when Lolcats (http://icanhascheezburger.com/) can make me laugh out loud in my office at work :D

Quote | Reply
I love it when QRMM smiles as he has an adorable dimple on one side that I want to stick my finger in.

Feel free to barf over this :-) I'm feeling all mushy and in love at the moment, yippee!!
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BARF!

I love it when my dog crams into the small opening on the couch just so he can be next to me. So cute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it when my cat sleeps all night and doesn't want out at 3, in at 5 and back out a 6. I didn't have kids for a reason...
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it when my 13 year old comes and cuddles with me on the couch. She's never been very affectionate, so I savor it every chance I get. I realize that these moments are going to be gone all too soon.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it when I get home after a hard race and my little one (6 yrs) comes to snuggle with me on the couch and we watch a movie together. (If I can keep my eyes open)
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it when I find yet another thing in common with the Womens of ST!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok ladies... since this popped back up to the top I thought I'd change topics...

I sat for about 2 seconds and this just flowed off my finger tips. I realized that the reason I typed this question is that I already know the answer.

I really miss my 3 Pugs. As you can tell from my screen name, I love Pugs, and up until a couple of weeks ago I had 3 little joys in my life. Then my 4 1/2 year relationship with the man I thought was "it" finally came to an end. We lived together and the dogs were our kids. I miss coming home to 4 small little faces (we also had a Minature Pincer that he had before we met) that would greet me as if I had been gone for years. They love to kiss and play on top of you, and even though we lived in 4000 square foot home, the best place to rough house was right in your lap. I miss the way they would look at me when they wanted a treat. I miss how even in a king sized bed, they had to sleep with as much of them touching as much of me as possible. I miss how they always made me happy regardless of how I felt. And I miss how they somehow knew that something was wrong when I was moving out. They followed me all over the house and wanted to go outside and play. "But mom... let's go outside and play, it's fun!".

It's been 2 weeks of crying till I can't cry anymore as Sheryl Crow would say, and I miss them so much it hurts. I can't bring myself to take down their pictures, but I almost cry everytime I look at one.

Sorry if this was TMI, but it felt right since, when I was thinking about what the next topic would be... it just fit.

So, ladies, what do you really miss? And no, it doesn't have to be serious... ;-)

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were the dogs his? Why don't you get them? I find things pet related very upsetting. I had to leave my two boys (Siamese cats) with my parents when I moved because I moved into a place that just wasn't appropriate for them. I cried and cried and cried for a week because I couldn't have them with me. The funny thing is, my parents are 5 minutes from me so I see them whenever I want hah :) Now, what positive came out of this? I was able to get my sweet girls. Pictures of my boys and girls here: http://whatheironman.blogspot.com/...-2-is-hand-full.html I am soooo glad that things turned out the way they did because my girls were both in very bad situations and I really did rescue them from what could have been a very unpleasant life. Maybe you can do the same with some new pups?

Anyways, I really miss dancing. As I mentioned in the tv thread, So You Think You Can Dance makes me cry at least once per episode. I wish I could still do it :(

Quote | Reply
BUMMER on the dogs and the BF. Can you go get your own little buddy to love?

I miss fitting into size 6 pants.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really miss doing triathlons with my husband.

Quote | Reply
I really miss my daughter.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [fitzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really miss swimming in Kealakekua Bay.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really miss kindergarten

college is just too damn busy and there's no crayons

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was in my early 20's I split up with my live-in boyfriend and I couldn't take our dog because no one would rent me a place with a dog in tow. So, I cried for 2 weeks over her, more than over the ex boyfriend. So, I know how hard it is and I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I miss...drinking and smoking, sometimes.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear about your dogs. You can always find a better boyfriend! (Or who knows what will happen in time...)

I miss July and August. Being a first grade teacher September is one very tough month. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and my students seems really great too but.... it's SEPTEMBER so too much training and those poor little guys....

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the internet love (that sounds kind of shady...haha). I unfortunately can't have any of them. I moved into an apt and work 40 hours a week plus training. It wouldn't be fair to them to do that. Pugs are very social, dependent animals and can't be alone for too long. I couldn't see going from 4000 sq ft with a dad that works from home to a tiny apt with a mom who isn't home hardly ever. That doesn't make it any easier... I miss them so.

I miss San Diego.

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ok ladies... since this popped back up to the top I thought I'd change topics...

Sorry to "break the rules", but I have to revisit that last one only because I cannot believe that no-one posted this!

I love it when a plan comes together!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm right there with you. I miss my babies, Romeo and Howler. Howler was a doberman/lab mix I'd had since she was a puppy, but at 14 she was in pain, senile and just plain tired so I made the awful decision and had to let her go. The next day my 6yr old doberman/great dane mix Romeo got bloat. It was Saturday before Waterfront Triathlon in Chattanooga where I was supposed to be helping marshal the bike course. To say the least, the last thing I cared about right then was a race. Three days later after surgery, pain killers, blood transfusions and every possible attempt made, Romeo went into coronary arrest and I lost him too.

I've since gotten another dog, a full doberman, from the same rescue association I got Romeo from. Strega is my new "personal trainer" as, at 4.5 yrs old he's a very active young man and wants little more than to go running (trails are his favorite of course) with me. I think I treasure him even more because I now live in fear that any day, with no warning, I could lose him.

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [Sabrekitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's to new beginnings, great memories and lasting friendships...

I miss enjoying the training sessions...(entering the final "push" for Silverman and feeling kinda down about it)

AW
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [Sabrekitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So sorry that you had to put down your dogs. I adopted a red dobe last year - he's the only person that is always ready to run with me :) Hope you enjoy your new training partner!
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I LOVE IT WHEN... [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I miss walking out on the pier at my summer house (we sold it at the end of last year)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I REALLY MISS... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just waiting to see how long it takes cuds to post: "I miss cake"

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite... NEW RULES: I REALLY MISS... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really miss my cute little apartment in Lakeview... some good memories there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next