Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's on tap for the weekend?
Quote | Reply
Ok, that sounds like a beer reference.. :-)

Saturday going for a run early, wedding in the afternoon.
Sunday early ride with the bike club and hopefully make it to swim practice. I can't wait for my Splish suit to arrive!

Non-tri: I want to get all my gear to work on Sunday so I can commute without my pack... makes for a fun ride!
Hit the store to make some yummy fruit salad and big green salads for the week... hehe makes me think of Seinfeld, Elaine always get the big salad.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for the weekend? [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll play!

I'm going to try to get my long run and a swim in before I have to be at work. So far I haven't been able to get out the door for the run early enough to make it to the swim, but there's a first time for everything, right? :-D

Sunday I'm going to be headed off to the Oregon Coast for a few days to hang out with some friends and family. I have a really nice sounding long ride planned through a big state park and then I'm going to do some beach running. (There are these huge sand dunes that I like to challenge my husband to "dune repeats" He's faster than me at every other aspect of running, but I can beat him up a sand dune!)

I may try and do a little open water practice, depending on how cooperative the weather feels like being. (Given how crappy it's been in Portland, I'm not getting my hopes up!)

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a lot of riding, some swimming and a fair amount of drinking (my last weekend to let loose until Kona). But I just twisted my ankle, so riding might be out...so a lot of swimming and even more drinking ;-)

Tonight's activities involve a movie and a couple bags of ice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm running a 10k right by my house tomorrow morning. In the afternoon I'm doing an OW swim to make up for the one I slept through this morning.

Sunday is a 3 hour ride.

Lots of movies and laying around in between :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trailbait/Erika and hubby Bill will be coming to my house tomorrow!!

Doing th ST meet-up tomorrow morning, then riding, then dinner tomorrow tomorrow night with Erika, Bill, Katy, Julian and I don't know who else.

Sunday: Watching the race, running, not sure what else.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today - traveling to NH
Tomorrow - Mooseman 1/2 Iron

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in Pelham, AL for the Xterra Southeast Champs. When I got here at 4pm yesterday, it was 100 degrees! A little hotter than the weather I've been having back at home (Bloomington, IN).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got back from the Race for the Cure on the Mall in DC -- something to be said for an 8am start and being back in your apartment at 8:45! Not a great race for setting PRs or running incredibly fast, but it's a wonderful event and very emotional (Though I seem to get choked up for no reason a lot these days. I heard Puff the Magic Dragon a couple of days ago and thought I was going to start bawling! What a sad song!)

May go for an easy ride tomorrow. I'm focusing on running right now because of time constraints, so there's nothing concrete on the schedule for the rest of the weekend. But the RS begs to be ridden!

Oh, and go into the office.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday: go to the Farmer's Market, plant some stuff in the yard, take in the recycling, work at a winery tasting room (my very PT job) wait for my cute new beau to arrive then go to a pie party in the evening. It's been friggin' cold (Eastern WA) here so hopefully we won't freeze.

Sunday: long ride with said beau and friends and maybe naked wrestling (with the beau not the friends....)
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for the weekend? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to see we've progressed nicely to the naked wrestling stage!!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>my cute new beau<<

So who is this???

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for the weekend? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wave when you see Plymouth, that's where I grew up! Wish I was there. Mooseman is on my list of to-dos.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for the weekend? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pic coming your way. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, don't leave the rest of us out of the loop as to cute new beau!

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for the weekend? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we must've gone through Plymouth at some point. Boyfriend has been in charge of navigating.

do you guys have any ice cream stands around here?! seriously. I wanted ice cream after dinner and we wound up getting some of it at the grocery store, I couldn't find an ice cream stand!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck tomorrow TC!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday long run in Boulder Colorado's Mesa Trail. Must learn to pick up feet and avoid those tree roots, though. Sunday I try out my new butt butter recipe of lanolin, neosporin, and cortisone cream for the bike!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are dairy bars all over the place! There is one outside Plymouth on Tenny Mountain Highway. You might have to go into some of the small towns in the area.

When I came home to Plymouth before Lake Placid in '05 I did some training swims at Newfound lake. Really beautiful. Have a great race!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
112 mile bike ride sat
88 mile bike ride sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: What's on tap for the weekend? [TriSally] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Saturday long run in Boulder Colorado's Mesa Trail. Must learn to pick up feet and avoid those tree roots, though. Sunday I try out my new butt butter recipe of lanolin, neosporin, and cortisone cream for the bike!
Sally- how'd that mixture work out for you? Any staining on your shorts? I picked up some Butt Paste from the kiddos aisle per a suggestion on the tri forum, and it felt great, but stained my new gray DeSoto Forza shorts!! aaahhhh... not too bad but I loves me some DeSoto!!! What was your ratio?

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just got back from a sprint race in Dexter, NM of all places- it was the Best Of the US qualifier for NM residents- I got beat for the overall female by.... get this.... 6/10 of a second! she was in a wave before me and I had no idea... ugh.. I did get my BOUS qualifier slot though :) also was 2 min faster than last year- felt great afterwards too- quite a shock since I just raced Boise 1/2 iron the wknd before... we went to Carlsbad Caverns for the rest of the day with the kiddos in tow-it was great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried it for the first time today with a ratio of ~4 parts lanolin to 1 part neosporin and 1 part cortisone. If you use the clear ointment instead of the creme-based formulas for antibiotic and pain relievers, you might not stain your gray shorts. My gray Louis Garneau shorts are permanently stained, I'm afraid, from another chamois butter. If your formula is as close to clear as possible, staining should be minimal. That ratio is by no means set in stone...any comments from others are appreciated. I can say that the present formula did no harm after 3 hours in the saddle today! Next week's IMKS 70.3 will be a more severs test of my formula.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply