Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Well I've never done THAT before...
Quote | Reply
I run along side a road with a lot of cactus plants, and while running along this AM, feeling good, I must have not been paying attention to the road because the top of my left foot went right into a cactus.
OUCH!!!!
I stop and pull about 10 prickers (sp?) from my shoe and proceed on, blood now staining my new socks (which looks cool). About 2 steps in and I feel more prickers in my toe, MORE OUCH!! Stop again, take off shoe, take off sock, and pull a ton of itty bitty prickers out of my toe.
Replace shoe and run home in a bloody mess.
I've run that road for years, no problems with the menacing cactus plants until today.

Oh well, TGIF ladies!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Well I've never done THAT before... [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reminds me of the time years ago when i'm training for my first 26.2 in the middle of winter in Cleveland, pull down the tights by a bridge abutment, it's about zero F outside, go tinkle, pull em up again, and realize about a quarter mile down the road that i must have leaned on a pricker bush & they're all in my tights in the hiney area. not too successful in pulling 'em all out. try to placate myself with a powerbar but it's frozen. cursing & crying and pulling at my butt and gnawing on a frozen powerbar for the next 10 miles. good times!
Quote Reply
Re: Well I've never done THAT before... [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look in the woods and you will see
She who stops beneath a tree
Oh that very unfortunate She
Squatting in the poison ivy

[Summary of a training ride from long ago, and it's a very bad place to have an itch.]

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have stepped on two Kiawe (a type of Mahagany tree) thorns here in Hawaii. Those thorns are sharp/tough enough they puncture bike tires. The thorns went right through my shoe and into my foot. OUCH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've managed to step on a fire ant hill while I was in my yard washing my bike, but at least I've never gotten caught up insomething nasty like that a couple miles from home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch!!!

My husband kicked a sea urchin while snorkeing on Kauai a couple of years ago. It looked horrifying -- like the spines had penetrated his toes by a cm or more. And it was very painful for him. Turned out it was just the ink injected into the flesh that made it look bad, and by the next morning it had faded quite a bit. But we were all a bit woozy when we first looked at his toes.
Quote Reply
Re: Well I've never done THAT before... [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love to run trails whenever I get a chance and that leads to some disasters. I once took a big header and scraped up my hands and tore my running tights at the knees. I was all dirty and annoyed when I got home and my husband just looks at me and says, "Good run?" I answered Yup!" and went upstairs to take a shower. Part of the fun of doing stuff is getting dirty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply