Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weight Watchers
Quote | Reply
Anyone out there currently training and on WW? I want to lose 10 lbs (I'm short & 60) - I have a pelvic stress fracture and am benched from running, but still swim & bike. I don't absolutely have to lose that weight, but would feel better if I did and obviously would put less pressure on my pelvis when I do start running again. I joined WW & was given the usual 26 pts. I went for a 40 mile hard hill ride on Saturday (I ride with fast men and have to really work to stay with them) - and was starving. How many points in a Cliff Bar?? HAHAHAHAH! I could eat 26 points by lunch time. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Watchers [Princess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should use exercise points to increase your daily points allowance. I thought they were a little overstated, though.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Watchers [Princess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with WW is that they really have no idea how to handle endurance athletes. My weight fluctuations were legendary while getting ready for the only IM I did back in 2006. Tough for you to use the points plus system when they apparently have no way of telling you how many exercise points you earned during most exercise in excess of 2 hours.

WW helped me lose 50+ pouinds, and I've continued to go for almost 10 years to help hold myself accountable to the scale.

It can be frustrating, but I woonder if the e-tools may help out better than the old manual slide-rule style calculators.

Jason

I should mention that I am NOT an employee of WW.

(I feel like I'm breaking a rule by posting on the women's forum)

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Watchers [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was very successful with WW while I was training for a marathon. I didn't listen to their activity point calculator because it way overestimated the number of calories I burned, so I gave myself an AP for 70 or so calories, which worked great. Good luck!
Quote Reply