Let's hear it!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (Oct 18) [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

- do everything possible to stop the cold i have coming on in its tracks: WIN! had 2 days of slightly scratchy throat, nothing else.
- 2 short runs before the race on saturday (one done, need to do one more with some strides): WIN!
- 2 core workouts: WIN! pilates + yoga
- foam roll legs completely: WIN!
- do not get hurt at 25k trail race on saturday! FAIL! caught my right big toe on a couple of rocks (twice within about 20sec!), nearly fell on my head 4 times, trashed my quads and glutes, and got major hotspots on the soles of my feet. i will probably lose my toenail, but at least my multiply-rolled ankle is feeling much better. my sweetie bought me "the stick" to work on my legs, since i'm too much of a weenie to try foam rolling right now. walking still sucks!

edit: i did make my goal time, despite busting myself at ~15k in and having to walk some sections afterward ;)

this week's goals:

- try to run 3 times. i don't really care how long or how fast, just need to get back out there.
- 2 core workouts
- maybe hit the pool, though it's pretty terrifying to think about hydrostatic pressure on my poor toe, and i should probably wait until it stops oozing fluid anyway.
- some easy cycling to spin my legs out a bit
- decide whether or not to do the kelso citizen CX race on sunday
- RECOVER for the horror hill 6-hour ultra on oct 30th!

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Oct 18, 10 14:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
- my new MTN bike arrives tomorrow so... at least 1 MTB ride (~2hrs) and 1 road ride => Ended up with 1 2.5hr ride and 1 EPIC/KILLER (for me) 4hr mtn bike ride, so UBER-DONE!
- 2x swim (really! honestly!) => I finally broke the no-pool spell and managed 3 swims (yes that's actually 3) so UBER-DONE!
- 4x run (1 hard, 1 long, 2 with dawg) => Got in 2 easy with dawg (~6k) and one longer steady ~12k with the dawg plus 2 hard runs during the week so UBER-DONE!
- any spare time: SWIM or RIDE => based on above I think I did really well here....

This week:
- Run 4x (2 with dawg, 1 aerobic, 1 hills or intervals)
- Ride 1x (3-4hr tempo)
- Swim 2x (2000m steady; 1000m steady then drills + hypoxic swimming)
- Stick to the diet (already down ~7lbs in 3 weeks, right on target) - ultimate goal is another 5lbs off for race day.

3 weeks til Silverman 1/2 - AUGH!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goal:
4 swims (did 3, skipped one to go to a running gait analysis at a runner' shoe store, apparently I am advised to buy neutral running shoes)
a 3 mile run (almost did not do it)
may do a lesiurely bike ride on sat. (did not do it, instead walked around the city for couple of hours and ate lots of food along the way)

this week's goal:
2 swims (will do them Fri and Sat after work)
2 sessions of 3 mile runs (did one today, will do the other one Wednesday morning at 6 am at the high school track: must get up!)
1 session of core (bonus: did 2 pull-ups today.)
1 slow session of bike (20 mile)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
for this week - goals are 5-6 runs, 3 swims, 2 rides, 5x hip exercises, and 6 days of good nutrition (I'd say 7 but 6 would be an improvement over 5!)

8 runs (1 double. 45 mi total)
2 swims (3000 + 2500 yds)
2 rides (55, 30 min)
5 days of good nutrition, I did ok. Did not do a good job of hip exercises.

This week:
6 runs
3 swims
1-2 rides
Goal is a whole week of good nutrition. I am 2 days in!
hip exercises x 4

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Oct 18, 10 16:02
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (Oct 18) [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
caught my right big toe on a couple of rocks (twice within about 20sec!), nearly fell on my head 4 times, trashed my quads and glutes, and got major hotspots on the soles of my feet. i will probably lose my toenail, but at least my multiply-rolled ankle is feeling much better. my sweetie bought me "the stick" to work on my legs, since i'm too much of a weenie to try foam rolling right now. walking still sucks!

that is what happens when one gets distracted by the oh-so beautiful scenary of birds chirping, deers a-grazing, the multi-colored leaves, and etc, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice week :)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (Oct 18) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks chica! Hoping that killer ride will give me buns of steel for Silverman and the hills... ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like this thread. :) Mistress K is my hero for beating her time goal. AndyPants is my second hero for doing a 4 hr mtn bike ride (holy freak! are you kidding me?!) Jean is my other other hero for doing 2, count them, 2 pull-ups (I'm jealous, and *almost* inspired, but sadly too lazy). And, Tigerchik is my other other OTHER hero for setting crazy big goals and consistently hitting nearly every one of them. You ladies are all amazing. :)

Ok, so boring ol' me. ;)
Goals for last week were:
Cycle commute more often than not + 1 Mtn bike ride - DONE! Mtn biking was with a friend, and I totally had to wait for him all the time. Felt amazing and it was beautiful, perfect fall weather and one of my favorite trails. :)
Run x5 - only 4, but good quality ones.
Core x3 - DONE!
Yoga/Stretch x1 - nope, missed it. in my defense, we were visiting in the in-laws and i left my stuff at home.

Goals for this week:
4 runs
cycle commute + convince hubby to go for a long road ride with me
core x3
yoga x1

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (Oct 18) [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
that is what happens when one gets distracted by the oh-so beautiful scenary of birds chirping, deers a-grazing, the multi-colored leaves, and etc, etc.

actually this is what happens when you're racing on technical single track covered in leaves so you can't see roots/rocks sticking out, and are getting a bit tired from constant uphills and downhills so aren't picking your feet up as high as you should be.. :p

now that i know what the trails are like there, i know of some places i can go not too far from home to train better for next time, rather than the flat-and-wide trails i usually run (plus it's only an hour drive to the actual race course). maybe the 50k next year!

if i raced on treadmills, i might run on them ;)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I am doing really well this week!

I start my weeks counting from Sunday just as an FYI --- but today will be day SIX of doing well with eating. I did my third swim of the week this morning; I have done 5 runs; I have had 2 nice walks with friends.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Glad you're having a good food week. I had a food fail last night and ate almost half a bag of animal crackers :-(

Walking is great - I love my walks with the dog. When I don't get one, I get cranky ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the off season for me so:
Done
1 -- Computrainer Class
1 -- Swim

Yet to do before Sunday
1 -- Run
1 -- Yoga Class

Takin it EZ for a while although I've gained 5 lbs since August which isn't cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a good day until dinner... salad and 4 cookies. Did not make myself throw up (wanted to ... not to get rid of the calories but because my tummy felt icky from the sugar!)

Still, 5-almost-6 days is the longest doing-a-good-job-of-eating-and-keeping-it-down streak I've had in a very long time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ate 2 dunkin donuts tonight, but it is okay because I went swimming after that, right?
Only planned to eat 1/4 of a single donut originally, but ended up eating 2, ugghhhh!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (Oct 18) [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be hard to eat a quarter of a Dunkin Donut. They are good.

Funny you mention swimming; my parents always took me to Dunkin Donuts after swim practices when I was little. Chocolate glazed!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sister and I always got Dots from the vending machine at swimming lessons. I can't walk into a pool or smell chlorine without thinking about Dots now! And everytime she or I have them, we have to call each other and tell. :P

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (Oct 18) [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw candy-corn colored Dots in the grocery store the other day. Halloween!

Did better yesterday, so just 1 slip-up with food for the whole week :D

Quote Reply