Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly how'd you do (April 13)
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (April 13) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Work week was miserable but things are looking up.
Swim meet = A BLAST and I got to meet a ST'er (trexlera, who I don't think frequents the womens). ST'ers are the best. I won the mile overall (for women) in 20:42, went 12:22 in the 1000, 6:04 in the 500, and 2:19 in the 200. I am happy with the times, and I had fun - can't beat that.

New goal = get faster at swimming for a scm meet in Maine on June 20.

more tomorrow, maybe.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good week. I did my last medium long-ish training run. Now it's full on taper, and of COURSE my legs are 'grouchy'. LOL! I had to do this last long-ish run solo, which I wasn't looking forward to - a friend tried to get me to join him on the trail but since I'm a total trail klutz and prone to twisting ankles, I declined. Ran 2 loops, husband joined me on his MTB for loop 2. It was definitely slower than last week's 20 miler.
I was talking to one friend who was 'oh, isn't it so hard to hold back during a taper?' and I'm thinking (and said), "NO WAY! I'm so sick of running by now that I don't want to run for 2 weeks! I need a vacation from running!" So Sunday and today I'm running (ran) in different areas because I'm totally sick and tired of the routes around my house.
Now it's just to hope for good weather on race day - 4/26.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 3: FAIL. Pool was closed 3/4 days I usually swim - did get 2 in (1 regular pool + 1 at another)
Bike x 1: win with 2 including a decent-length trail ride + 12km commute ride
Run x 6: win including a blistering 25k trail run on Saturday afternoon that gives me some confidence for racing next weekend
Core/strength x 4: win

This week's goals:
Swim x 3
Bike x 2
Run x 6
Core/strength x 4

Reducing mileage slightly on long run this weekend - the 25k race next week is just a tune-up race for a 50k next month, so not doing a full taper.

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I had an okay week. Got in 3 solid runs. One gorgeous outside run. I tried doing my long run outside, but with the crazy wind & cold I only lasted a km before I bailed & hit the treadmill.

Went for my first bike ride of the season last night. It was super quick, only 30min (plus a trip to the local park towing the Chariot), but it was nice to get out. It's hard to fit in dog walks, kid play time & me play time between after work & bed. We've been doing a lot of crazy running around the yard. I keep meaning to record it with my Garmin - it would make for a fun teeny ball of color on the map.

This week - 4 runs. And some sleep. The dog is weird and often awake at night. I need some sleep....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good good - the 5k went as noted in the last week thread - well enough (8th OA-F) but slower than I expected. Have decided to fight for those minutes/seconds and not just give up and "get older gracefully" :-) Only lifted twice which was a good idea, as the 2 football practices were a lot more work than expected. Rode three times which probably also didn't help.

This week:
- Run 4x and get back to lunch time running!
- Football x2
- Weights 3x (really liking the 5x5 program, found a co-worker who uses it as well and she loves it too)
- Tackle the "weekly to do" list - we've started a weekly "to do" list to make sure we find things to keep ourselves busy during the week because we have noticed that we're watching too much tv/too much screen time and we're drinking more beer than we should be - we know a lot of it is the "I'm bored" problem, combined with the work stress problem, topped with a generous helping of it's now a habit problem - the list is to give us stuff to distract ourselves with... :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on the mile Tigerchik and congrats to AndyPants on that run! I aspire to be as speedy as you two one day.

My week went well apart from a LOT of eating out (pizza - twice!) and a few missed runs. I swam over 10k for the week which is more than I swam in all of January and about half of what I swam in March. It included a 3000m straight swim where I managed to stay on pace and I'm feeling less anxious now about the swim portion of my HIM in July. Biking also went well (didn't crash at trial club ride but I don't think I'm fast enough to keep up everybody yet). I landed up doing my long bike session on Monday of this week rather than Sunday because of a long fire call on Sunday afternoon. Then up again at 2.30am this morning for another wildfire and 2 hours later in the morning at a gas leak. I'm kind of exhausted now and it's messed up my plan for the coming week so we'll see how it goes. Hoping to get in: 6 runs (one down), 4 bikes (in addition to the one from yesterday) and three swims. Next week is a blessed taper week before my HM on the 26th.

In other news, my latest cookbook purchase arrived last week and I am in love with this salad and not just because of how well it held up (dressed) as leftovers: http://www.sproutedkitchen.com/...-book-pre-order.html
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (April 13) [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah with your job, rolling with the punches is part & parcel eh? I had a friend who trained for his tris aboard a military vessel (a frigate) with the oddest schedule. He just said "you adapt"... make sure you get enough rest!

As for cookbooks, I love this one: http://www.willitwaffle.com/

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do (April 13) [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!

that salad does look good.

Quote Reply