Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly check-in August 30
Quote | Reply
Spilllllll

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly check-in August 30 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
6 runs, 3 swims, 3 rides. It will be easier to get swimming in this week than it will cycling because I have some travel for work and school.

I ran 8 times, did not swim, did not ride, and did yoga once. I also walked about five miles. Though I was on campus, one lunch we worked through and the other I only had 25 min, so I did a second run. Running was also better stress relief for me that day. I swam today though :-)

Quote:
Another goal I need to make is something to do with reducing or eliminating light foods/artificial sweeteners. grrr.

I did not have any drinks with artificial sweeteners (sucralose et al) but did have some gum. Overall, much better . Also - I have not binged in a week :D

Goals for this week:
- run 6 times, one of them 2h15 min
- swim 3 times
- fix flat on bike... bike once.
- 3 yoga classes

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

swim x 3 - FAIL. one swim workout, two if you count maybe 100m of kicking, breast stroke and freestyle in our friends' pool (was more like an ice bath after the 10 mile hilly run i did to get there).
bike x 4 - more or less win, though one of them was only 15mins and i didn't do the long ride i'd planned.
run x 3 - WIN.

this week's goals:

swim x 3. must do this!
bike x 3, and at least 2 of those on my tri bike. must leave the new ride alone for a bit!
run x 3
try to get out rollerblading and hit the driving range with my sweetheart. we missed our date at the range on friday because i ended up working late :(

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week:
Swim: 1 pool, 2 ows - DONE
Bike: 2 shorter, 1 long - DONE
Run: 1 transition, 2 medium (with speed) - DONE
Other: 1). Be careful! I feel too good, I don't want to over-do it now... - OOPS. My right hip is bugging me on random occasions, but not much or often. My PT friend says it may be the start of hip bursitis - NOT COOL! Hopefully just random beginning-of-taper pains?
2). Track what I eat! - DONE. Doing much better on the fruits and veggies front. I tracked calories too, why not. Didn't really change from my typical eating at all (amount that is) and ended up right at 139 calories short for the whole week - not too bad. :) However, this varied LOTS by each day. Rest days, ate too much. Hard days, didn't eat enough. Because it simply doesn't seem possible!!! Does it really matter that much, or is it okay if it all evens out in the end?

This week:
Taper, taper, taper! :)
swim: 1 pool, 1 ow
bike: 1 short, 1 medium
run: 1 medium, 2 short
other: stretch lots (everywhere) and probably ice the hip

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Last edited by: FeltLikeTriing: Aug 30, 10 10:57
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly check-in August 30 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet it's start-of-taper pains.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals last week: sex x2. Done.

Goals this week: sex x 2. let's see.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly check-in August 30 [ajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
goals last week: sex x2. Done.

Goals this week: sex x 2. let's see.

Best goals ever!

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in Maui the last 8 days. I went to the gym every morning and ran 3-5 miles every morning. Also walk about 3-4 miles everyday and got in a few good ocean swims. Ate WAY too much but will be back home tomorrow and back into my 4-5 hours of daily traini g. I'm actually looking forward to it!

*Anne*
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly check-in August 30 [reefmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4-5 hours a day? Nice. How do you usually break that up (assuming a lot of it is cycling time)? Sample of a normal week?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Day starts at 5am weights and then a swim(1.5hrs)
Bike to and from work(2 to 4 hrs depending on my mood,schedule, etc)
Run at lunch(1hr)
All this fits into my day very well

Quote:

*Anne*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm tapering too! We're both doing IMWI. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly check-in August 30 [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gahhhh, I'm getting so excited!!! Are you?

-----

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, getting pretty excited!! A little nervous too, especially about the swim. I have never done a race with so many people in it. But yeah I'm mostly looking forward to it. We leave to drive down tomorrow! Long drive, but I don't trust the airlines with my bike. :)
Quote Reply