Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd you do - June 1
Quote | Reply
How was it?

Wishes for an awesome June to everyone.

tc

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do - June 1 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been doing horribly with eating and I emailed my dietician - I will come back later with a PLAN in mind because I am struggling right now. One of my goals was to journal every day; I did 5/7 days.

One idea on eating is to get one of the self-help workbooks and WORK THROUGH it... even though it's a struggle (emotionally) to do those (well, duh ;-)

I met my training goals.
4 swims = 10,800 yds
4 rides = 4:27
5 runs = 56.5 mi

Um, I'll get back later with goals for this week too.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eating was so-so....could've been worse, could've been better.

Runs - got 5 in. Am limiting my distance to 10k until the end of June (just started running in May again after hip injury) so did runs between 5-10k.

Forgot my inhaler Saturday so instead of doing a brick run after my ride I did the run later that day. (I had an asthma attack last time I did a brick run without my inhaler)

Changed mid-week to no rides other than my Saturday long ride due to knee soreness - am getting a professional fit on the bike tomorrow and hope will eliminate the problem. It wasn't too bad this Saturday - it came and went - and only bothered me a bit on my runs Saturday and Sunday after the ride.

Long ride - 92.04k @ 30.2kph. Am happy with this as I'm still figuring out pacing and efficiently doing hills (ride over rolling hills the whole way). Was slower than my bf by 2.5kph but he was on his P2C in aero and I'm on a cyclocross bike, no aero at all.

Swims - none. This is really bad. However, we met some people on the ride on Saturday who'd been riding in the quarry and said it was warm so we start open water swimming this Saturday. It will be my first swim in a wetsuit!

This week:
5 runs
2 rides (hills on Thursday and 120k or 4 hrs (depending) on Saturday)
1 swim (OW)
Eat good!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do - June 1 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you sign up for a HIM (long rides :-)

ok, my goals:
6 runs
4 swims
5 rides

and make some progress toward ED recovery.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. Last fall during a hypomanic period (I get impulsive) I signed up for one (September 2010). It's hilly too - my bf did the inaugural one in 2008 and I've driven part of the course (edit: heh heh I wrote curse) and am now freaking out about the hills - I can ride the distance, no problem, but I need to lose weight so I don't have to haul my fat self up hills. I am most worried about the swim - I can do the distance, but I'm SLOOOOOOOOOOW and I am worried about the cut-off. The run will probably be brutal but I've started doing bricks now and will increase the run distance for Saturday bricks. As it stands, starting this Saturday we swim in a quarry, then ride from a spot about 5 minutes away, and then run right after the ride. So that should be good.

Plus since Toby and his friends are all training for IMC I can do some of the same rides, or part of them (since I am slower), but I will get in some nice long rides over the summer which should set me up okay for the ride at the HIM. I'm going to be out there anyways so I may as well do as long as I can.

If I'd been smart, I would've stuck to shorter stuff for awhile, but....also in my hypomanic period I signed up for the Ride to Conquer Cancer (charity ride over 2 days) which is not this weekend but the next. That will be 2 long days, but I'm looking forward to it.
Last edited by: Teags: Jun 1, 10 7:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals from last week pretty much all done. did the easy ride on tuesday, the hill repeats and metric century ended up being the same ride (saturday ~105km), got a run in on wednesday and another on saturday (though not a long one - just a short t-run after the long ride), and did 4 swims including the only OWS i'll get in before my first tri of the year on sunday. fortunately, my wetsuit still fits...though i'm hoping the loosening off that happened during the swim stays, because getting it on was rather an ordeal!

goals for this week:

- work out my new swimming schedule and get a couple more swims in. did the last one at my usual pool last night, as they're now closed for renovations. off to the YMCA, which doesn't have a lane swim on tues, wed or thurs evening..

- do a longer run tonight, an easy run on thursday, and a short one with some strides on saturday

- get my neck and lower back feeling better before sunday's race. ended up with horrible glute/piriformis/sciatic pain during saturday's ride, and my neck wasn't necessarily ready to be in aero for 4 hours.

- actually do some core work this week. no, really.

- race well and have fun at the little super sprint on sunday, and work out any transition issues. it's a "C" race for me; basically a season-opener dress rehearsal :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I love reading about everyone else's goals and how their training went. :) Thanks again for starting these threads!

My week last week was pretty chill - finished up a bike tour on Victoria Day - was in the saddle for 5:20 that day. The few days after that were shorter training days so I could recover. Did a 10k run on Wednesday, a 1:45 bike ride on Thursday, took Friday and Saturday off, did a super sprint (500/15/4) on Sunday and went under an hour which rocks! Follwed the race by an 11 mile run (but should have only done 9, the last mile and a half were torture).

This week I am hoping for 2 runs, 4 bikes, 2 swims, and have an Oly distance race on Sunday! I am hoping to break my personal best from 5 years ago which would be going under 3 hours (my race this past weekend was the first time I have raced since 2005 due to knee injuries).

My diet is poor (as per usual) and I am not feeling ready to change anything yet.

Good luck this week ladies!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty good week. My main goal was a sprint and 4 runs, start building back up after a month of racing. Note that last Monday (24th) was a holiday for us Canucks ;-)

Mon: North Shore sprint tri - good race overall, 4th in AG (dammit so close) but still 6min faster than last time I did that race.
Rest of the week (including yesterday): 6 runs (35' aerobic; 45' with strides; 1h10' with hills; 55' with intervals; 2hr LSD; 35' aerobic).

This week: continue to build my run miles, get in at least 1 double, and support my company's entry in the Vancouver Bike to Work Week challenge (last year we won for small company commutes).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:

Training:
3 rides (one long), 2 runs (one long), 2 swims - well I did 2 rides, 2 runs and a swim
Start back with a core routine - nothing too much to start but do it three times this week - didn't quite get there but thought about it a lot!! Will try again this week.

Nutrition:
Eat good food. Real food. Small amounts but often. Limit snacking to planned (both type and amount) snacks. - did okay, but snacked at night... my personal weak spot - emotional eating. Working hard to keep ED in control
Keep a daily record of food eaten. I have actually kept track of most things and even written down the bad food which I usually don't admit to myself

Personal:
Take 30 minutes for me every day. didn't happen
Read something every day. Even the headlines will do at this point. I actually did read some of the paper and read the first chapter of Racing Weight. So far I am liking it. Haven't shown it to my therapist though - I have a feeling she wouldn't be happy...

This week:
3 x swim
3 x bike
3 x run
3 x core
7 x supplements/vitamin D
Keep eating well and try not to snack at night.
try to convince myself to do a try a tri on Sunday even though my wetsuit won't fit. I am too afraid to do the Sprint cause there is a big hill and the run is loooong and I am out of shape. So maybe I can do the try a tri instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do - June 1 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on 4th in your AG! And 6 minutes faster than last time, that's great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's see...
Last week's goals:
Swim: 3 - did 2
Ride: 2 medium, 1 long - did 1 medium and 1 long (it rained a lot, that's my excuse)
Run: 2 - did 1
+ 1 ride/run brick, and a half mary RACE (omg)!! - did them both! The race was okay... I definitely did not make my goal time, but it was super hot and I ran 8.5 minutes faster than last year (with no taper), so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

This week we are visiting the in-laws, so it is both easier and more difficult to get the training in. Easier because both I and the hubs have the whole week off, but harder because of course we aren't at home and have to make sure we don't disappear from the family too often. Also nice because the in-laws live 15 minutes from the Steelhead course, which we are doing this year. So great opportunity to get lots of training on the course, plus some good open water in Lake Michigan.

This weeks goals:
Swim: 3 - all open water, because I can and the wetsuit is a lot of fun
Ride: 1 short, 1 medium, 1 long
Run: 3 medium
Brick: 1 short ride + long run
and maybe do some core work?? i really should.... but its just so hard to fit in!

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do - June 1 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eight and a half minutes faster - awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just coming on to this...

I usually fail miserably at goal-setting (hence me not posting to this thread until halfway through the week), so here goes.

Last week was some great biking (went out to the Savageman course to try out my brand new bike) and a few good runs (including a ten-miler I snuck in at lunch one day!). Trouble came on my Monday run when the last two miles I felt my knee twanging like it did in January -- and then I couldn't run for two months. With Eagleman less than two weeks away, I haven't run (might not until Friday!) and am trying to remember to stretch and foam roll.

This week (what's left of it):
Tonight: nothing but icing and stretching my knee/IT/piriformis. I'm trying to remember my body needs rest. (But mostly I feel fat and lazy.)
Thursday: morning swim (3k), afternoon bike intervals
Friday: run 5-6 miles
Saturday: morning swim and easy bike ride (90 min)
Sunday: P90x yoga

Eating:
Actually eat something every morning (especially post-swim)
No more chocolate (until Eman's over)
Do not pick work clothes based on fat/skinny clothes. They fit how they fit.

http://konabound.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do - June 1 [alharaka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think the brand new bike is not fit correctly and maybe contributing to knee pain?

Look on the main forum for some good IT band stuff - "the definitive guide to ITBS" is the current, packed with good info thread.

Hope you can run again soon :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After taking basically the whole month of May off after training through the winter and racing St. Anthony's, this is my last week of no planned workouts. I've mostly been riding when I feel like it and not doing much else.

Accomplished: Rode 28 miles on Sunday for Bike the Drive (Chicago)
Planned workout: Saturday Ride, 20 miles

Back to having a training plan starting on Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do - June 1 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It wasn't as nice as the 3rd place the week before, but hey, deeper field at the second race, can't complain ;-) AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's running mileage: 47

This week's running mileage goal: 50
Other goals: Hired a nutritionist to work with me on getting my calorie intake right. Complete food log and have kick-off conversation.
Last minute half marathon on Sunday. No need for a PR, just have fun and not fall and break a rib. Or any other bone. Or maybe not fall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenHS: Jun 4, 10 17:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I did an Oly distance tri this weekend (the first I've done since 2005) and got a 13 minute PB!! in 2005 I went about 3:03 and today I did 2:50! I cut 10 minutes off my bike time, 5 minutes off my swim, but have been struggling with my running so my run split was kind of embarassing. :) It will just take some time to get my running legs back (I had been off due to knee injuries). I'm so stoked!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do - June 1 [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats!

Quote Reply