Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd you Do April 27
Quote | Reply
spill !

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you Do April 27 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This week - 3 hr ride. Run workout and a long run. 6 runs/6 rides... 4 swims.

Had a cold which cut a whole bunch of workouts short. Wound up with
s: 9k (3x)
b: 3:30 (4x) no long ride
r: 72.1 mi (6x) long run @ 16 mi, but no workout (due to cold)

Nutrition... I am easing back into eating meat (but I hate the M word so I think of it as "essential" proteins) because I am currently extremely protein-deficient and the soy, beans, nuts, et al is just not cutting it (trust me, I've tried). Last week the secret-goal was to eat some fish. I tried, gagged, spit it out. This still counts - it has been 10 years since I've eaten meat and yes, it will be a process to get used to it again. I did manage some stuffing made with chicken broth. This week's goal is trying fish/chicken/turkey/whatever 3 times... broth counts. B a b y steps.

Workout goals... I am getting tired of long, long, long and want to get back to short and painful SPEEEEEED. So, goal is 5 swims, one with a set of some all out 100s or 200s. 5 rides, 6 runs (one a workout and one a long run, WITH a workout in it).

LAST WEEK OF CLASSES!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Apr 27, 09 4:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of 'life' got in the way this past week.
My intended long ride on Sat. got cut short because of a saddle sore, being bonked and running around buying a new car, since we had a car die.
Did my intended long-ish run on Sunday but it was tough because it was MUCH hotter here than it's been, so there's been no time to adjust to the heat increase. Something to keep in mind for travel races to try to avoid.
Got back in the pool with masters this past Friday. This past Monday I was so dead from our major biking vacation that I just couldn't go. Got in a short run Tues. but on the treadmill since there was hail outside.
Thurs's ride rocked, dropped the husband at one point but he was just rolling along and let me go since I was feeling spunky.

Class on Tues. and Wed. and the annual tri club member meeting on Thurs. got in the way of doing much more.
Wed. class's final is this week!
Grad school app due in by Thurs!
Flying Pig half marathon on Sunday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Bike, bike, bike. I'll be in Galena training with friends so as long as the weather holds, this should be easy! -- Done. Road 1:15 on Friday and 4+ on Saturday. The weather was great on Friday but rainy all day Saturday. It was warm enough that the rain didn't make the ride too terrible. Plus, I felt great. It was a hilly ride and I felt strong on all the hills. Never needed to get out of my saddle and was able to spin spin spin. Which is a tremendous improvement from my usual mashing ways. Plus I never needed my 27. Huge steps for me. And for the first time I wasn't last in a group ride. I was actucally front of the pack :). I also bonded well with my tri bike. I have never been 100% comfortable and was just about there this weekend. Still not sold on my seat but I was able to stay aero for the longest amount of time ever. I think all of the core and flex work I did this winter is paying off. Can you tell I am happy to be biking again??
2) Start running again. -- FAIL. But I did swim and bike :)
3) Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition.-- Did well even with traveling for the weekend. We usually have tons of junk at our training weekends but this time we brought more healthy foods and actually ate them.

Goals for this week:
1) MORE biking. Headed to VA for a training camp in the Blue Ridge Mtns so this should be easy. We have rides scheduled for Thurs-Sunday. Plus tons fo drill and pace line work.
2) Start running again

Hope everyone has a good week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals for last week were 3 swims w/masters; 3 rides (1 trainer and 2 outside); and 2 easy recovery runs. Managed 2 masters swims, all three rides (and the outside ones were epic baby!), and two easy recovery runs. Pretty good overall.

this week: 3 masters swims; minimum 3 rides (riding to & from work counts as 1 ride as long as I add in one hill climb on Burnaby Mountain on one leg); and three runs (1 easy aerobic with strides; 1 10miler; 1 50min with intervals).

Thank god it will be sunny alllllll week!!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goal was: Said routine, as good as possible, considering the chaos will continue for another 3 weeks. Be conscious of eating/drinking/soda. Did fairly well on all those. Got a good tempo run on Wednesday, suffered through a few miles on Friday (HOT) before going down to Little 5. Eating was ok, resting was fairly decent as well. Plan was to get a good, solid Bloomington ride in on Saturday and then do 8-10 run on Sunday. Got a GREAT 25 - 27mi ride on Saturday with some good hill action, then crashed, pretty hard.

The crash effectively killed the long run yesterday. Since I didn't go to the hospital it could have been MUCH worse, especially considering I obliterated my bike. So....this week's goal: HEAL. The bumps, bruises (and there are some GREAT bruises that are still showing up) and road rash is annoying, but I think I'll be on the way to ok within the next couple of days. Plan to hit the pool tomorrow for some easy stretching and easy swimming to see if my back/leg will loosen up a bit, then possibly try to run/jog/schlep/move on Wednesday.

I still want to run the Flying Pig marathon on Sunday, but it might be a gametime decision. The other goal for this week: don't eat everything in sight, quit feeling sorry for myself, and quit crying about my baby (bike) and start trying to find a new frame.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on day 69 of my running streak. I plan to keep it up. I've cut way back on my sugar consumption and have lost 1 lb this last week.

Goals for this week:
Keep up the daily runs.
I'm doing some of the P90X workouts. They are all primarily weight training and I need it badly. My bodyfat is out of control. I plan on doing 5 workouts with it this week. I can't get through all of them so I'll do what I can. The ab workout is brutal and plyometrics was too hard to finish. Clearly I need to build overall strength. Don't know how much faster it will make me as a runner but the drop in bodyfat will definately help.
Limit myself to 1oz of dark chocolate a day and keep it at dinner, not my usual night-time snack.
Make sure I get enough to eat! I ate really poorly yesterday and my evening workout suffered for it. Surviving on Pop Tarts, granola bars and Endurox does not make good fuel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
* Follow training plan. DONE
* Race on the velodrome on Tuesday and Wednesday night. DONE. Had a FANTASTIC night of racing on Tuesday.
* Monitor nutrition. Write everything down. About 50/50
* Increase daily water intake. Still need to work on.

This week:
* Follow training plan--recovery week so don't stress about volume.
* Race on the velodrome Wednesday night. See above about not stressing.
* Monitor nutrition. Write everything down or at least be more aware.
* Increase daily water intake.
* Help spread the joy of the velodrome to 20 ladies who will be attending out women's track camp at the velodrome on Sat/Sun. Can't wait!!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply