Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd you Do - Sept 20
Quote | Reply
Sorry I'm late starting this.

How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you Do - Sept 20 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't set goals last week; I had a cold and wanted to baby it a bit. I wound up with 49.2 miles of running, 1 yoga class, and 2 swims (1700 and 2500 yds).

I didn't do a good job of eating at all last week. I binged twice. That's still an improvement over some weeks this summer, but I can do a better job of fighting my eating disorder! My goal for the rest of this week = no gum (sugar free gum or other products with artificial sweeteners just make me want more gummy, fruit flavored things and I wind up bingeing on candy).

Training goals: 5 runs, 1 swim, 3 rides.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's pretty decent for "babying it" ;-)

Last week's goals:
- 4x runs (2 easy aerobic with dog; 1 hill quad killer - already done; 1 intervals of 4x[4min at 10k RP+2min recovery]) -> Ended up with 5 runs and a lot of walking so huge WIN here
- 1 LSD ride on Sunday -> FAIL (did work around the house and watched football)
- 2 core/upper bod weights sessions OR spin class -> FAIL

Not a great week I suppose, goal-wise, but my running felt a lot better and I am now focused on my DIET. That stupid "A lot of fat people at IMCDA" (this one: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=298348) thread from Uli really got my head spinning - and me realizing that my diet really does suck ass. Me running more is not helping me to lose weight, so it's time to face facts...

This week's goals:
- Continue to focus on the diet (cutting out the snacking, smaller portions, a lot more veg, cutting back on the alcohol)
- 5x runs (1 intervals; 1 hills; 3 easy - intervals and 2 easy already done!)
- 1x swim (pool is open again - yay!)
- 2x rides (1 short+hard OR hill-repeats; 1 LSD)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Sep 22, 10 10:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had no real goals for last week, except a ~20k run, which i did. also did some trail cycling and rollerblading with my honey while i was off work for the week :)

goals for this week:

- 3 runs, 1 of which should be about ~23k (tonight), one of which will be a very hilly 5k trail race on saturday, and one of which was done on monday.

- at least 1 core workout (actually did one last night, for the first time in ages)

- probably 1 swim on thursday to give my legs some rest.

- cycling when i feel like it. had a really nice, easy ride with tanker last night :)

- detox from poor food choices and too many beers last week

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I had a great week with over 10 hours of swim/bike/run. Haven't acheived that since last spring (before I was injured). I got in 3x run, 3x swim and 3x bike including a 60 mile 7000 feet of climbing sufferfest in the heat on sunday.
I'm feeling optimistic about the fall season here :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had no goals last week, just took it easy. I did get in a few short bike rides and a short run. My knee is being tweaky still though, but my muscles feel great.

This week:
Bike: Cycle commute more often than not + 1 mtn bike ride
Yoga x1
Core x4 (2 done already)
Run: Just one short test run by the end of the week

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
4 swims, 1 ride, 1 spin, 1 upper & core strengthening session: met

This week's goals:
3 swims (done)
1 spin class (1 hour) / upper & core strengthening (50 minutes): only time to do it is tomorrow early morning.
a 30 minute 3 mile run - must get back into it! need to do it Friday early morning.

considering joining a local running group to motivate myself to get back into running...
Quote Reply