Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd y'all do? Thru Dec 5th
Quote | Reply
Last week: Base 3

Run: 6x - the December running challenge starts this week! 3 ez with dawg; 1 intervals; 1 hills; 1 longer + steady. DONE, managed 73km, which is great!
Swim: 2x - this will be tough (tough work sked this week) FAIL again, only once, been runnin ;-)
Bike: Likely none. DONE LOL
Other: Office Xmas party on Sat, try to watch the booze intake ;-) FAIL, got faced. ;-)

This week: Base 4
Run 6x - aiming for 70k.
Swim 1x - during this challenge I'll be happy with once a week
Ride 1x - LSD (6hrs on road if weather's not too sucky or 4hrs on MTB in the mud if it is sucky)
Diet/Alcohol - try to avoid the snax - I find that when I ramp up my training I get hungry - all the time... keep the food at my desk healthy (raw) and to a minimum.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd y'all do? Thru Dec 5th [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this week:
sun-swim 1 mile
mon-swim 1 mile
tue-ran 3 miles, zumba, 1/2 core
wed-rest
thur-swim 1 mile
fri-run 3 miles, basketball
sat-1/2 core, bellydancing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My whole month has gone down the shitter. I am working through some plantar faciitis so I'm reduced to walking on the treadmill in my hiking boots. Even an incline aggravates it. I was able to do 5 min walk, 5 min run three times so that's progress. None of this is helping my waistline however.

I'm playing it by ear right now. Running when my foot is OK with it, switching to a walk when it bugs me. I'm at least practicing fast walking!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
1. try to run x2 - DONE. And my knee has stopped tweaking, so that is super awesome.
2. hips/abs x2 - DONE
3. yoga x2 - DONE
4. swim x2 - FAIL - The hotel pool was closed for maintenance. :(
5. drop the 3 lbs - Down 2 lbs, even with eating out for 3 days straight!

+ I GOT IN SOME XC SKIING. It finally snowed!! :D

This week:
run x6 - super frequency, low low mileage, possibly switch out 1 run for skiing
abs x2, hips/butt x3
swim x2
bike commute more often than not

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: 5 runs, 2 swims, hip exercises 3x, shoulder exercises 3x

Had an ok week. 7 runs (42.3 mi I think), 1 swim (a whole 1200 yds), rode once (50 min). Did not do any yoga and I miss it (did it yesterday though). I did my hip exercises but wasn't so good about the shoulders.

Got all my stats done, so I'm done with that class' work. This is the final week of classes and next week is finals week.

I have a big paper to write and then I'll be done school next Wed.

goal for this week is really just that paper.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 8, 10 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs: WIN
- 1 or 2 bike incl. put tri bike on trainer now that livingroom is re-arranged: WIN (1 trainer, 1 outdoor)
- 1 or 2 swim: WIN (1)
- 2 core/strength: WIN
- hit kitchener market saturday: FAIL due to cycling in hespeler santa claus parade. i hit our cambridge market instead, very early morning, and got some great food for this week!

this week's goals:
- 3 runs incl. santa jingle race on saturday
- 1 swim. i'm not going to bother with more for awhile
- 2 bike, probably both on trainer
- 2 core/strength

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
go water run. yeah it's boring as f*ck but it works. get a swiMP3 player and go nuts. (FWIW I once did a 2hr water run when my achilles was acting up before IMWA and I wanted to poke my eyes out by the end - but it worked).

if not water run, then swim. you remember how to do that right? ;-) give yourself a break from running. it sure sounds like you could use it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got rid of my gym membership 2 years ago and haven't been in a pool since. I think I'd drown! It is a good idea though. I'll look into a local pool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last Week.....
Swim 2x - DONE
Run 2x - DONE
Strength 4x (2x with weights) FAIL... ONLY 2X
Trainer 3x - DONE
Arc 1x - DONE

This week...
Trainer 3x
Run 2x
Swim 2x
Strength 3x
Arc 1x

Since were in the snow removal business combined with my nephews birthday party in WI for two days I'm going to try and accomplish all this but I have a feeling I'm going to lack somewhere... Its snowed once and I'm already tired of the snow...
Quote Reply