Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread 4/6
Quote | Reply
My goals last week were to swim Tu-F with bonus points if I got a weekend swim in (I get bonus points!); ride 5 times with a long ride of 2:30 (neither accomplished); run was "whatever" as I was recovering from my 20 mi race.

Swim: 22.5k - five swims
Bike: 2:50 - three rides
Run: 77 mi - 7 runs - really surprised at how good my legs felt. I had a good threshold workout and my mile repeats were on pace, too. The 10 day cycle J. has me on right now is working so well, it's basically workout + 2 days easy (repeat three times then a day off)

My bragging this week: I had my first ever tri interview! It is an 'online radio talk show interview' and is here

http://www.designerhealthnet.com

so that was really exciting :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 4/6 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I'm having a blonde moment. Goals for this week

- 6 runs, 6 rides, 6 swims

DEFEND THESIS!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goal:
1) Nutrition nutrition nutrition. Not eating all day so you can have cake is not an acceptable method to achieve calories in = calories out. -- Did better but still ate out too much.
2) Get out of my funk. Not sure what is wrong but I don't feel all that great. I may be getting a cold, I may just be depressed but no matter what the reason, I just feel bad. And it sucks. I need to find a way to cheer myself up.-- It got better throughout the week and I had a good weekend. I think I just need to get some things done. I had a long to do list and it was just stressing me out. Plus I got my iphone and that made me happy.

This week's goals:
1) Be an ultramarathoner by Sunday!! The McNaughton 50 miler is this weekend.
2) Not only finish my first 50 miler but Chad to the finish line of his 100 miler (even if it means running more than 50).

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 4/6 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got in my goal run miles, especially thanks to a 1mi. walk to and from the 10k I ran on Sat. Then I did my long run at a very easy pace on Sunday and felt pretty good.

Biking sucked, probably because my bike got shipped out for my vacation this past week.
I got in the pool though, and did those workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ride the bike. Ride the bike. Ride the bike. (did OK, considering I had multiple 10 hour days at work)
Nutrition--keep it tight. (did pretty good)
Drink more water. (still need to improve)
Follow the plan that the new cycling coach has sent me. (Pretty much spot on)
First track racing of the year is Saturday and Sunday. Goal will be to try out new gears and see how it goes. (Two fantastic days of racing!)

This week:

Ride daily, including the specific workouts the coach gave me.
Don't sucumb to Dawn's tequila shots!! ;-)
Water, water, water!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 4/6 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will have an awesome race this weekend, I can't wait to heat about it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea when I last said "goals" out loud, though I think it might've been within the past few weeks.

Last week's goal: Survive all of the travel, don't drink too much, try to run, try to eat healthy-ish (on the road) and learn.
Accomplished for the most part, did a GORGEOUS run in DC, had a great ride over the weekend and survived all of the travel. I beat the hell out of my shins and feet walking all over the Hill in heels (IDIOT) and so much time in planes, cars and sitting but I think I'm ok. I also wound up so tired that I'm still not back 100% after 4 days (almost in time to start travelling again) but I'm getting there. Three and a half turkey burgers, one whopper and one steakburger in a 9 day period though, might NOT have been the healthiest things ever so I failed that part.

Back home for a bit (only day trips until next week) and it's back to real life. Eating close to on schedule, getting on the bike, put in the big, last, long, awful run this weekend, get back in the pool and just get back on schedule. Head out of Ass.

Ready, go!

AW
Quote Reply