Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread 11/10/08
Quote | Reply
I'm starting it because I can't find Dawn!

How did you do with respect to your goals, and what are your goals for next week?

Me -
1. Work on thesis every day --- 6/7, not bad. Got a lot of work done and am at a point right now where there's not much more I can do until I meet with my advisor, hopefully Wed.
2. Abs and shoulder weights every other day --- 3/4, not bad. The day I skipped, my shoulders were just too sore from swimming, I could barely pick up my shampoo bottle.
3. Run as my foot allows (inflamed nerve). AWESOME week, won a local 5k on Saturday.

Volume totals:
swim - 29,000 yds (5x)
bike - 2:38 (2x)
run - 44.3 mi (6x)

Nutrition wise, did really well with trying new foods (I can't even list them all. Eggplant, red peppers, grilled cheese sandwich, Kashi TLC cookies to name a few)... but lost another pound, not necessarily a good thing for me. I am healthy, I am in really good shape, I just need to be careful.

GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
1. work on thesis every day
2. abs and shoulder weights 3x
3. race well! lots of races coming up - a 5k tomorrow, and intramural swim meet Wed. night, a 5k XC race Saturday, and another swim meet Sunday (scm!)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 11/10/08 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goal: Finish Silverman w/o a visit to the med tent

Accomplished. I would have liked to go a bit faster, but between the howling wind (making an uphill swim), an amazing amount of uphill roads (and said wind), a bike and chain that couldn't see eye-to-eye (dropped chain probably 10 times) and a run course that doesn't have more than 45yds. of flat land AND it being my first full, I'm pleased. Time should be around 14:50 or so...and no visit to the med tent!

This week: cheeseburgers and beer. Screw the weight.

RR soon.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 11/10/08 [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Can't wait to read the RR.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about you yesterday! I heard the winds were wicked. I'm looking forward to hearing the details.

My goals:
Run 4x
Krav Maga class on Tuesday
Eat a salad

That's it. My diet has been a mess. I'm dropping weight, which is my goal, but I haven't had a salad in a couple weeks and the quality of food I've been eating is pretty poor.

I'm looking into Krav Maga with my hubby. A new way to learn personal defense and get a good workout. We are planning on going Tuesday. I need to get back into the swing of things with working out in general. I've been really bad the last couple weeks, no training at all. Work posessed me and things have slowed down so no excuse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sat around all week after IMFL.
  • Did my first run on Saturday. 4 miles. It took me 45 minutes but I got it done. My husband and kid were getting into the car to come look for me by the time I was getting back in the house. I didn't think I was THAT slow! :)
  • Sunday, went to Masters. 4000 yds. It kicked my butt. Still recovering I guess.
  • The post-race bloat is going down and my body is returning to "normal".
  • Goals for next week:
    • resume lifting weights.
    • Swim, swim, swim.
    • And hopefully get my bike back from TriBike Transport. I only have a heavy commuter bike and my road bike, so I miss my bike and want him back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on a tough day!

Me--last week: 30 minute on the rollers yesterday. The rest of the week was totally off since I had a boot on my leg all week. Watched the nutrition since I wasn't training.

This week: Going back to the doctor this afternoon. Hopefully racing this coming weekend. I wrote out my training program for this week. Back on the bike, test out the foot/toe and see if I can run, swim twice, lift twice.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Get in 3 morning workouts -- I want to use this time change to my advantage to get my lazy self up for morning workouts -- Got in 2. Which is better than I could have hoped for given my love for the warm bed.
2) Get in 2 strenght/core sessions -- Got in 3!!
3) Finally have a weight loss show on the scale -- Ate really well, hit all of my workouts and still no weight loss. Very frustrated!!

Goals for this week:
1) Get in 3 morning workouts
2) Get in 3 strenght/core sessions
3) Cook dinner at home at least 3 nights

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks TC! Hope Dawn is okay and will be found soon! :-) Congrats to all who raced too...

The DAMN COLD that I had came back end of last week! Don't know how, why, ARGH. IF it doesn't go away by end of this week I will go to the doctor, but, I've heard others around where I live saying it took as long as four weeks to finally leave. End of this week would be four weeks. I am not a good sick person. I am cranky.

But, the good news, I FINALLY GOT BACK IN THE POOL AND OUTSIDE ON THE BIKE!!!!! YAY!!!!

Last week I was hoping to do 2-3 of everything.
What I did:

2 runs including another 6:30 am on Sunday while visiting mom & family
2 bikes, one a trainer, one outside with a friend who promises to ride w/me over the winter & he's a little faster than me so that's good
1 swim only
1 strength session

Generally I am happy with this, it's not nearly what I would "like" to be doing but a big jump up from weeks before
Food has been mediocre, when I don't feel good I eat like crazy. Past 2 days have been lots better.

This week, similar to last:

2-3 bikes
2 runs
2-3 swims
2 strength

EAT only what I cook myself except one day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:

1) Get to 172 lbs a couple times this week

...got there once and was around 173/4 most of the week...need to keep a lid on it and continue to try and get it back down to 172 and maintain..

2) Get in 7 hours of training

nope...the dark and cold of november got me and I managed 5:24....

3) Do 2 Stretch cord workouts...

got that done...use it or lose it...keep this ups for nordic skiing...

4) pick up Mt bikes after getting them tuned up for practice Adventure Race next week...

yep...we are ready for thhe practice event on Saturday....

This week:

1) get in 7 hours of training
2) 2 stretch cord workouts
3) get weight to 173, 3 times in the mornings...
4) Navigate without a major mess up on Saturdays bike/run/trek Adventure sponsored by the GearJunkie...
Quote Reply