Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 7/14
Quote | Reply
Note: accidentally posted this in main forum, oops! but here it is in its rightful place. :-)

Hi all

Felt the need to start this - definitely want to keep it going... hope others chime in, I like reading everything!

If I can remember way back to last week, I said I'd do a longer long ride with hills, eat "healthier" (or something along those lines), and do core/stretch 3 times.

I did okay, not great, not bad, with all. I did eat better, still am not losing the 8-10 lbs. I gained this year but have not gained more! Core/stretch 2 times. Darn! That seems to be a huge challenge for some reason. My long ride was the same as last week but I did it 10 minutes faster, yay. (45miles) On my tribike with new compact crank. Stayed in big ring for most of it, which is totally completely different than without compact. Nice ride. Did not do more hills b/c of time issues. See below.

On a humorous note, the ride was cut short b/c of a smoldering tree across the road (it fell over night I think) preventing me from leaving as early as I wanted. When I asked the volunteer fireguy when I could pass he said "can't tell you, sorry, maybe an hour, maybe more..." !! So I went home, waited an hour then it started to pour. Ended up going out to eat with houseguests (mom and her friend) then went home THEN it poured some more, then FINALLY got out on the road! This btw was clearly in the rural area of the Catskills where I spend a lot of weekends, not New York City.

Oh also did a really nice lake swim and other planned workouts, I think I am actually starting to really know when it's okay to push myself and when it's okay to relax a little... Also I am pleased to see I actually am starting to feel like I am starting to know how to ride/race strategically. This is good b/c I am slow, but biking is my strength, so the better I can be at it the better in general.

Okay end of novella. :-) Great week everyone!
Mindy

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 7/14 [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay so I deleted it over in the main forum, now it's only here. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for starting the thread MP. I was traveling all day and just got to a computer now.

I had a so-so week, but I did the best I could so I'm happy with what I did. Got 4 out of 5 runs in and did my best with eating healthy. Hope everyone else had a good one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took it easy last week in anticipation of a century that did not happen (rain rain rain .... argh!), so my running miles were down; I cut back on running whenever I need to save my legs for an event. But my bike miles were up in spite of not getting my long ride in. And swimming is holding steady, but I drowned my iPod shuffle when I did not properly close my otterbox at my last swim workout. Food... so-so. Aunt flow visited so that's always rough on the old diet. I am supposed to do a local Oly this weekend but I just found out yesterday I need a root canal ($1900! F#%&!!) so this week is a little up in the air at the moment. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week wasn't a total washout but not a total success either. Goals for last week were:

1) complete all workouts -- I missed a recovery ride on Thursday. I have no excuse, I was just down right lazy and didn't get up to complete the workout in the am before work and then convinced myself that having a nice massage and then completing a workout wasn't a good idea. I also almost didn't complete my long ride on Sunday. I went for a 77 mile ride with Gazelle at the Heatstroke 100. I started the ride with enough inifinit for 4 hours thinking I would switch to gatorade for the last little bit. Well lets just say I finished the ride with about 1.5-1.75 hours of infinit left in my bottles. I almost bonked but the PB sandwich at the last aid station was enough to get me home. And don't even get me started about the headwinds and crosswinds.

2) don't freak out if scale says evil things on Thursday-- No weight gain and no weight loss after the long holiday weekend that included a trip to Dairy Queen, a custard shop and taco bell. I guess riding over 230 miles in 3 days will help with weight management.

Goals for this week:

1) Have a fun race at Racine. Focus on IM pacing and nutrition and no walking on the run (except for aid stations).
2) Learn how to put my race wheels, new brake pads, and gear (tubular tire) on the bike for the race.

Have a good week everyone and I will be sporting Team Xantusia gear at Racine. I hope to make you all proud!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: For this week: Do some sort of training every day, including my trip to NY mid-week. Track racing Friday night. Saturday--get some serious track training in with my pursuit partner. Healthy eating while traveling--this will be the biggest challenge.

NY trip kicked my butt with the time change and not getting to sleep until 2AM most nights, so no training and too much work (10-11 hours). I did get to dinner with a STer one evening, so that was good.

Track racing Friday night: Raced one race. Crash during that race and our race was stopped and then restarted later. Did OK. Pursuit partner was in crash and now has multiple broken ribs, so I just went to the track on Saturday and did my own workout.

Healthy eating: Did OK.

For this week: Race twice on the track. Vineman 70.3 on Sunday--goal is to just finish considering I've done no swimming in 4 weeks and very little running.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This week was a pretty good one for me. I'm getting the hip pain under control ~~ think the psoas & piriformis were just extremely tight. Working with a trainer to get them more limber. 2x/week in the weight room. 2x swimming, once with the coach. 3 bikes, one a 62 mile tour out in the boonies. 2 runs, easy stuff. Eating is getting better ... fresher, less processed. All in all, a pretty good week.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 7/14 [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've missed a week or 2 due to holidays and what not but am back at it!

Last Weeks Goals (July 6-12)
Have fun at hte Peterborough Half and have a solid race
* DONE. 30 mins faster then last year and loved EVERY minute of it

Recover well enough to do the Carleton Place Half IM SwimCycle race
* DONE. Had fun, biked under 3 hours which made me happy!

THIS WEEK - July 13 - 19
* Run Training - pick up the run volume and intensity as it could use some work
* Eat way better then last week - which shouldn't be a problem as I do NOT want to see that much crappy food again!
* Do all planned workouts and a ride in the Gats.

Have a good week everyone!

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 7/14 [Irongirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completed my first 75 mile ride on Saturday, and did all scheduled workouts and just got the OK to start running again (no more walking cast!!!)

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was pretty happy with last week. Eating went fairly well, considering I had two dinners out with girlfriends during the week. I didn't get in all of my workouts, but I did the essentials. A good 30-mile tempo ride after work on Tuesday, swim practice Wednesday, 103 mile ride Saturday (My first century of the year, did it all alone b/c husband ditched me: "I don't want to ride my bike in the rain."), 13.5 mile run Sunday in the heat and wind after volunteering at a local tri. (plan was 14 but I was starving!)

I felt like a truck hit me Sunday night and Monday, but in a good way.

Goals for this week are to get some more running and swimming in. Keep the diet clean, as always, and probably try to avoid the beers this week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taper week for me. I leave for Placid tomorrow. WoooooHoooooo, I am excited!
Quote Reply