Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 2.9.09
Quote | Reply
I'm not starting this on a good note...tell me everyone else was successful and had great weeks!!!! How'd you ladies do?

Last Week:
W, Sat (Poss. Fri) - Run. Log the long run, get the miles in. I skipped all my runs. Didn't run at all. At least it was a recovery week.
T,R - Swim (Poss a third swim - would like to see 10k) Swam T, R. No 3rd. Not 10k, but good swims.
Trainer/Outside - Get on a damn bike Ware. Almost a trainer ride on Friday - I didn't instigate the bailing this time...
Stretching - Keep the shins/IT/Post Tibs happy No need to stretch if you're not working out....
Food - EAT.AT.HOME This I actually mostly accomplished.....
Mental - Get to a good place. Never have I failed at a goal more than this one....

Clearly not a great week. I'm apparently single now, so that's a major contributing factor. It was just not a good week.

This week:
Run 3x - long run. Back into the build. Get my head out of my ass.
Swim 3x - T, R, and whenever.
Trainer - Get one ride in...if possible outside.
Keep moving, stay busy.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 2.9.09 [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I, too, suffered from a case of HUA last week.
Swim:3400 (masters x1)
Bike:12 miles on the trainer. Why did I even bother?
Run: 26.5 miles, this was good but after the Sunday run with the new group I was indulging in a little trash talk and put my foot in it, if you know what I mean. Apparently some in this group take themselves waaaay to seriously. Oh well.
This week-2 masters swims, GET ON THE DA** BIKE, run 30 miles.

Lets hear some good news!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your week.

Last week:
Recover from crash.

Sunday last: Crash

Monday: Could barely walk around, get in/out of bed, sit. Stayed home from work.

Tuesday: Went to work for a few hours, STer seagull picked me up and drove me and the bike to the shop. Wiped out after that.

Wednesday: Follow-up visit to ortho and more x-rays, all negative. Started physical therapy. Left butt cheek is turning black/blue/purple.

Thursday: Got to the YMCA early, coached the swim, sat in the hot tub. Worked a full day, plus. Walked 2 miles. Got Chinese liniment recommended by track cycling coach.

Friday: More physical therapy. More Chinese liniment.

Saturday: Slept in. Walked 4.3 miles and swam 500 meters. Swimming feels good but the pool was crowded and I was concerned about getting kicked. Thinking about going to swim squad Monday (didn't go this AM). Might even try to ride the stationary bike. More Chinese liniment.

Sunday: Went up to Napa to watch the boys race the Cherry Pie crit. A lot of standing around and some walking around. More Chinese liniment.

This week: Continue recovery. Get on the trainer or stationary bike. Go swim. Lift upper body, if possible.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Keep eating clean -- no fried food -- Done. Also managed to lose 2 lbs.
2) Three stretching/strenght sessions -- Almost done. Did my 1 hour yoga and 1 hour pilates class. Had hoped to get in another full hour but didn't. However, I did get in two 30 minutes sessions after rides/runs that were a bit more intensive than what I would normally do after a workout.
3) Attend swim practice on Wed. My coach sends our weekly workouts and Wed is a kick night. I hate to kick and usually find some excuse not to attend practices that are kick heavy. I think it is punishment for the awesome pull set we had on Sat. I love to pull and everyone else hates it.-- Done. I cheated an used zoomers but I survived and didn't complain too much.

Goals for this week-
1) Lose the funk I am in -- I have no desire to do anything but sleep
2) Eat clean -- cut back on my sugar habit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week ---
Swim 4x (bonus points if I swim today but I'm REALLY tired) 6 swims, 16.4k
Ride 4x 3 rides, 2:30
Shoulder baby weights every other day Did them once
Rewrite the section of my thesis I was working on YES... and reacquaint myself with the second part. NO

Had a rough week at school. Oh run miles, 52.3 or something like that. 7 runs (but only 5 days).

THIS WEEK:
-Swim 5x
-Lift every other day (it's shoulder stuff only and I've liked it a lot recently!)
-Get As on both my exams
-Watch the video I need to for the 2nd part of my thesis, outline that piece of it so I can start writing/rewriting

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry you had a crappy week -- at least it's behind you now.

My week:
Biked outside! Yes! Only 25 miles, but it was fun. Went up a killer hill that kicked my butt.
Ran outside! Hooray! Two 6-mile runs at the end of the week once it warmed up.
Lifted weights, 2x.
Pilates, 1x.
Spinning, 2x.
Swim, 3x. ~10,000 yd.

First week vegan was a huge success. -2 lbs. Lovin' it.

This week: keep up the vegan/clean eating + get in a longer run (time to start thinking about the Pittsburgh Marathon May 3).
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 2.9.09 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zoomers are not cheating.

Can someone tell me what "HUA" is from an above post?

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 2.9.09 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HUA = head up ass (I think)

Good job everyone. I'm reading this thread to help motivate me to get back at it. Two weeks and counting now without a workout. :(
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 2.9.09 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, that's it.
While we're on the subject, please explain postal to the new kid here.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 2.9.09 [miTmite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
postal? new kid? am I the new kid?! I'm not new but I am a kid compared to the rest of you ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread - 2.9.09 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, silly, I'm the new kid. And I do use the term "kid" very loosely-I'm only young in my own mind. So what does postal mean?

Quote Reply