Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do July 6
Quote | Reply

Last week:
Ride 6x (Rode 5x. Had a cold mid-week and coach said 2 days totally off.)
Race Tue/Wed. (Raced one race Tues. Sick, so bagged the rest and took Wed. off.)
Buy ticket to Nationals (Done!)
Continue with the limited caffeine and GERD diet. (Done)
Look into visa requirements for Australia. (Done)

For this week:

Masters State Championships this weekend. Race smart, have fun.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do July 6 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Not one negative thought on this weekend's long ride. I AM a strong cyclist! -- Done. My ride turned into an interesting weekend. I headed to Madison on Saturday to get two loops of the IMWI course in. About 3 miles into the second loop and I had a rear flat. Inspection of the tire revealed not just a flat but a 2-inch gash in the back tire (note to self: check tire wear occasionally as they do need to be replaced periodically). I changed it but it wasn't really holding air. Thankfully a nice guy happened to drive by and offered me a ride back to my starting location. It would have been a hilly walk. After a couple of phone calls, it was decided I would stay the night in Madison and attempt the ride again on Sunday. My coach was nice enough to help coordinate me a ride back to chicago and find me a new tire to ride on.

Sundays ride was good. I felt strong actually better than Sat. The only bad part was that a fellow rider went down on Timber Lane. She was not hurt too badly (aka no broken bones but some terrific road rash and a huge dent in her helmet). A local rider stopped to help her until the rest of us got there. He also called his wife (a nurse) who headed to the scene with bandages and water. Another man who lived near where the accident happened also came out with water and a first aid kit. In the end the rider and nurse drove my friend back to our starting location. They even stopped by walgreens and bought her a bag of supplies. When she tried to pay them, they refused the money. Just another awersome story about the people who live on and near the IMWI course.

2) Foam roll/stretch 3X -- Got 2 in. Need to do better.
3) Getting eating back in balance. -- C+. Did eat better but also got on weird patterns where my eating was not structured -- no dinner a couple of nights and then eating too much in the am cause I was starving.

Goals for this week:
1) All workout in when scheduled
2) Swim strong in my open water swim race on Sat.
3) foam roll/stretch X3

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals: run 35+km without re-injuring foot

didn't make it. didn't re-injure foot (though wearing heels for 5hrs at a wedding on saturday nearly crippled me), but was going to do my last 9km last night after a very busy weekend...and it started thunderstorming. bugger.

3 swims

this i managed. drills on tuesday, did the "1 ton challenge" (100 lengths = 2,500m) on wednesday and knocked 5mins off my time from apr. 23/09, and did a bit of a lazy swim on sunday morning.

over 100k cycling

not even close - under 60k, plus a short little ride on my mountain bike through a freakin' monsoon on wednesday evening. however, on a short ride yesterday i managed to tap into some power in my legs that i never knew i had - was HAMMERING up some hills - so something is starting to come together!

i did also finally register for a 10k race on july 16th (the day before my 30th birthday) to set my final W25-29 record, and got my registration in for the guelph lake II sprint (after getting an email from trisport canada saying it was filling up fast). so, i can rest a little easier knowing that i won't miss out on two races i've had in mind for months now.

goals for this week: NEED to get 35+km of running in, through at least 4 runs this week. next race is coming up fast! 2 swims, and try to get 3 solid rides in, seeing if i can't consistently find that incredible power reserve i tapped yesterday. also have to get my little pool set up this weekend, as we'll be partying in it next weekend for my 30th! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Thurs - Did a 40km club TT in 1:16:26. Goal was to beat last year's 1:19:31. Check.

Sat - ride 3 hours on the trainer without going mentally bonky or physically fading in the last 30 minutes. Check.

Sun - run 10 miles strongly, which is usually a challenge the day after a 3 hour bike ride. Check. Finished in 1:35.

Diet - not gain weight during midweek visit from relatives from Scotland. Check. Finished week down 0.5 lb.

Goal for this week..... try to drink coffee without sugar..... whimper :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: 2 weeks til Subaru 1/2IM, and off to Hamilton for a break and to visit fam damily.
Swim: 2-3x in whatever clean water I can find (I think there's a pool at Mac, and we'll drive a few hrs to a nice lake at least once) Ended up with only 1 swim at McMaster Uni. Better than nothing I guess.
Run: run every day, period. Today, already finished 1h20 very hilly run. Managed two more runs in the heat - 40min hard with strides and 1hr post-swim which really hurt (too hot for me). So three runs total for 3hrs.
Ride: Zippo. Bubpkis. Nada. Needless to say the week afterwards will be a LOT of riding!!! I actually managed one 2hr ride after all...
Summary: better than expected, although running in the heat stunk.

This week: Subaru Vancouver 1/2IM on Sunday
Swim 1-2 times easy
Run 2-3 times 1hr or less, with some pick-ups or intervals
Ride 1-2 times short (under 2hrs) - try for 1 trainer ride and 1 lunch-time hillclimb ride.
Race: take the swim and ride easier than Oliver, really try to have a better run this time out... oh and HAVE FUN (of course)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
Swim x2 - 0/2
Run x2 - 1/2
Bike x3 - 2/3
Weights x3 - 3/3
Nutrition - stay on the 'eating plan', and get better at not caving to the treats. - Half success. Ate less junk at home, but went out twice for dinner.
Overall last week was a big *FAIL* in terms of training. Work was stressful and I ran out of time and energy for anything productive.

Goals for this week:
Swim x2 - I really gotta get this done. Strike or not, I need to train.
Run x3
Bike x3
Weights x3
Nutrition - reduce even further the treats at home, and try to eat more in the AM vs the PM.

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals were 6 runs, 5 swims, 4 rides.

swim: 9600 yds - 4x
bike: 3 hrs, 4x. Mostly used it as a warmup for running.
run: 53 miles. Including one 6 mi run in 40:40 with a local really fast guy. Stayed with him for a couple miles the next day too. Easy to tick off 6:45-7 min pace running with friends. Dont Talk Just Hang On. :-)

this week, I've already topped last week's pathetic cycling volume: Monday and I'm at 3:30. This is gooooooood. Goals - ride 6x, run 6x, swim 5x.

Nutritionist is back, happy about that. Doing ok with eating. Actually cooked yesterday (I hate cooking), trying to make one real dish a week so I have lunches. This week: spanakopita.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply