Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do July 12
Quote | Reply
My goals were 3,4,5 as far as frequencies of sbr.
swim - 2 x - one 3400, one 1800
bike - 3x - 2:05, 1:23, 1:19
run - 5x - 39.8 miles

The camper overnight went well for them but I binged. s'mores and pancakes :-( other days I did well with eating.

goals for this week: 3 swims, 6 hours riding, 40+ mi running. And no bingeing!!! journaling and blogging is helping.

Hope you all had a good week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do July 12 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week:

- swim fail. 2 sessions only (closed on wed. due to fouling), neither one very big.
- semi bike fail. i only did 3 rides, but all of them were solid. i rocked the long hills ride!
- run win, including my first ever track workout.
- core win!

this week:

- i'd really like to get 3 swims in, but sleep is important as i start to taper a bit for my A race next week
- 3 cycle workouts. some will have to be on the trainer due to thunderstorms predicted this week.
- 3 runs, reducing volume to 75%
- 2 core workouts
- have fun racing a super sprint relay with my husband on sunday! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Swim fail. Run fail. Holland lost. BAH. Good bye and good riddens, last week. I hate you too.

This week: 4x runs; 3x rides; 3x swims. Time to dial back the running focus and pick up some swimming and riding.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GOALS for last weekend: (1) Go to Los Angeles and do the advanced beginner session at ADT velodrome and get certified to ride on that track. (2) Get some practice in since Masters Natz will be on a 250 meter/45 degree banked track, as will Worlds in Portugual.

That track is 250 meters and 46 degrees of banking at each end, made of wood. You have to go a minimum speed or you will slide down the track. I was really nervous about it. (My track is 333 meters and 25 degrees and I've ridden in Colorado Springs where it's 330 meters and 33 or so degrees, but not wood so no sliding).

Here are a couple of pictures:

Looking straight down. It's like a 2 story drop.

In the 3 hour session, we got on the track and rode and I even got up near the top (above that Tissot sign). But my legs were dead Sunday since I rode pretty hard the entire time since I was afraid of sliding. Everyone says it gets easier (and less intimidating), so I'm going back in 2 weeks to race.

GOALS MET!

Goals for this week: Hit my targets during my track workouts.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was interesting - I was visiting my parents in Idaho, and didn't have access to a pool or the cash to fly my bike out. So I did a few rides on my Mom's ancient mtn bike, but skipped the really long ones (which makes me nervous, esp since I skipped a 100 miler!). Did get one long open water swim in. BUT, since I wasn't biking or swimming much, I got to really focus on running and got some quality workouts in. And it was sooooo nice to run without the crazy humidity we've been having here at home!

This week:
Just get back into the swing of things after feeling lazy.
Swim - 3 (1 ow)
Bike - 2 medium, 1 long
Run - 3 short, 3 medium

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got back from leading a 4-day backpacking trip for an outdoor club that I may rant about later - some people need to seriously man the eff up. I had to take one guy out (we were doing a loop) because he couldn't do it, and I was carrying all his heavy gear, plus group gear, plus my own. This is a guy with a LOT of hiking and backpacking experience. Shouldn't have happened.

Doing trail work tomorrow and Thursday since I'm still off, but will try to throw in a run or two and then s/b/r Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do July 12 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy couple weeks for me after my big month last month. This week is bonkers. Did 5 hour trail run today that was hilarious. Very rooty, rocky and narrow trails. I have the bruises and scrapes on my knees to prove it.

Saturday is a 50k race I signed up for. I'm trying not to set a goal (yeah, right) because it is a training run, not goal race.That said, 6hrs or less would be awesome. I have no idea what the course is like though so we'll see.

Almost forgot - I had company for my run today she had plans for a dinner date. he called and cancelled because he is tired. We laughed because she was planning on doing 30 miles and had every intention of going out tonight. What a wimp, she said. Likely he won't get another date :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenHS: Jul 13, 10 21:08
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do July 12 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooooh start a thread about the trip, it will be fun reading!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply