Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do - June 22
Quote | Reply
goals:

run 6x
swim 5x
ride 5x + 20 min easy on each day I don't do a real ride (frequency!)

Ran 40 miles, 5 runs. Wound up taking a day off and missing a run thus the low mileage.

Swam 12.3k, 4 times.
Rode 4x, for 7 hrs - none of the 20 min easy (trying to get myself to ride more after work. see post in main forum about being tired :P)

For this week - race well this weekend; 10 miler- will mean no run on Thursday and an easy and SHORT run Friday... goodness I hate resting but I think I hate more, racing badly, like last time. Swim 5x and ride... hmmm... 4x

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 22 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week:
Three swims (masters mostly, maybe 1 OW - 2 done not 3)
Four runs (1h10 hilly - DONE; 40min with strides -DONE; 1h45 with 1mile intervals at HIM pace - DONE & it hurt; 30min off bike on weekend - not done)
Two rides (3-4hr with HIM intervals, hilly, lower cadence/higher gear for 2hr; 5-6hr with 2x(40min IM pace + 20min HIM pace)) - only 1 ride of 4hrs done :-(
Drink less wine and more water, sleep more, eat well.
Definitely did better on this...

This week: 3 weeks til Subaru Vancouver 1/2IM
Three masters swims (last week for masters)
Four runs (1h15 hilly - done and it was AWESOME; 40min with strides; 1h45 with 8x1Mi intervals; 30min off bike)
Two rides (2-3 hr with HIM intervals; 5-6hr with IM/HIM pace intervals; already have one ride to & from work done as a bonus)
Drink more water, eat better.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 22 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Drink less wine and more water, sleep more, eat well.
Definitely did better on this...
This is at the top of my list this week! A bottle of Pinot the night before a long run is not a good idea. I was burping up grape taste the whole time!

Last week: 5 runs, 4 bikes and 3 swims. Had to take a day off mid week due to a bad cold. I'm left with a lingering cough, but feel fine otherwise now.

This week: Mini taper for my race on Sunday! No drinking wine (or any other alcohol) :)

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals: work myself out with brand new foam roller (thanks hubby!),

done on monday. spent 60mins in myofascial release hell, and felt like i'd been beaten with a medium-size stick the next day. felt GREAT on wednesday!

don't do ANYTHING to aggravate sore foot (will probably not run until day before race, and then just a short 3k with strides)

done. only did 1.8km on friday (night before race), with about a 200m sprint towards the end. foot felt fine!

get a couple of easier bike workouts in

sort of done. i spent a few minutes on thursday getting tanker to take some fit pics with the new saddle, and realised (just as i had to leave) that my seat was woefully low. friday evening i managed to get it dialled in by going out, doing 3 laps of our block while tanker took photos, checking them on the computer, raising saddle, go ride 3 more laps of the block...lather, rinse, repeat 3 times. finally got it where i want it, then did about a 10min ride to make sure it was comfy before doing my run.

and one pool swim

actually got 2 in - 20mins of water running tuesday night along with some pull buoy work and sprints, then an easy 30min swim on thursday. i feel these were two very key sessions for me, as my stroke felt like it really came together tuesday night, and the easy swim thursday was just to try to cement that feeling in my mind and muscles. i do not think i would have had the FOP swim that i managed at my race without the swim on thursday!

and generally get myself rested up for saturday.

i did well with this on monday and wednesday night, but tuesday, thursday and friday i was back to my usual 4.5-5hrs sleep. need to do better before next race.

race goals saturday are strong efforts in all 3 disciplines, smooth transitions, not wiping out, not wiping anyone else out, and finishing with a smile on my face...hopefully in under an hour :)

got all of the above done! FOP swim, FOP bike, BOFOP run, FOP finish...with smooth transitions, no wipeouts despite 2 other cyclists' best efforts to run into me, finished with a smile at 50:19! :D

goals for this week: get back to running (going to try 10k tonight and see how it goes), 2 swims with good form, and take advantage of summer having FINALLY arrived by getting some real mileage in on my bike!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Guelph 1 sprint duathlon 2k-19k-5k
Goal 1 - better last year's time - check - by 2 full minutes
Goal 2 - go sub 5:00/km on both runs - check - Run 1 4:43/km and Run 2 4:49/km

That's it for sprint duathlons for this year. Now on to training for three international distance du's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Relax! Traveling to visit my best friend that I havent seen in 2 years and won't have my bike. -- Done. Did get some open water swimming, running, and hiking in but I really just enjoyed the time off (maybe too much). I also got to bale hay.
2) Nutrition, again.-- Partial fail. I was on vacation in the south where I haven't lived for 9 years so I had some favorites to catch up on -- Chick-fil-a, NC style BBQ, boiled peanuts. While it wasn't the healthiest eating, I did manage portions.

Goals for this week:
1) Race strong. Have my first stand alone Olympic in 4 years (the only Oly I have done recently are part of the triple t).
2) Get serious about eating.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 22 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week:
Get in training with having a house guest Wed-Sun. Good thing he's a triathlete and will want to go ride. Probably no racing this week, so hit all training targets (ride 6 days, yoga once, lift weights twice).

Weights 2x
Rode 6x
Yoga 1x
Raced at the track on Sunday and had a great day! Even won 2 races.

For this week:
Ride 6x
Race Tue/Wed.
Buy ticket to Nationals
Continue with the limited caffeine and GERD diet (no asthma issues on Sunday so something is working!).

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals from last week:
Swim x2 - 2/2
Run x1 - 1/1 - good overall pace on the run too, despite a slower than molasses 2nd K
Bike x1 - 1/1
Weights x2 (maintance only - no heavy lifting!) - 2/2
Increase early morning calorie intake. Up to a whole piece of toast with nutella and a glass of milk. I think this will be good enough - I don't want to overdo the calories and end up putting on the lbs.
Race on Saturday! Guelph Lake Sprint Tri. Finished! The swim was a little less spectacular than I would have liked, but it was a crowded swim and I literally got caught behind some earlier wave breast strokers. Bike pace was slow (compared to the competition) but faster than my last race - which is pretty good for me considering I was scared of wiping out in the rain. Run was best this year - getting closer to my sub 4:30/k mark that I am hoping to have for my races by the end of the summer.

Goals for this week:
Swim x1 - Hopefully I can get this in due to the Toronto City Worker strike (public pools are closed) - it might be a swim-less week. :(
Run x3 - one long slow, two decent tempo
Bike x3 - going to try my first morning ride - hopefully I have balance first thing in the morning!
Weights x2 - dont want to lose muscle mass!
Nutrition - continue to choke down that "first thing" meal, and try to weed out some of the crap I have been allowing myself to eat. I want to whittle a lb or two off, and I know that isn't going to happen if I cheat all of the time.

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 22 [rlmurrant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the good thing about eating in the AM is you have energy all day, and will be likely to make healthier choices and smaller portions later. I eat most of my calories mid morning thru afternoon, dinner is usually light.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You would think it would work - unfortunately once I start eating, I just dont stop until I go to bed. Thankfully when I am making the effort, I can make the healthy food choices. The problem comes in that I used to be able to eat what I wanted all of the time (okay - so this was a number of years ago). But, my brain just hasn't accepted that I cannot do that anymore. And thus the battle with food continues. (I am hoping that my new 'plan' of having a green tea in the afternoon when I feel peckish right AFTER my snack will help me from making the bad food decision of eating more.)

I have found that I do have a bit more energy earlier in the day (now that I am eating first thing in the morning). But, with the training it is hard to feel like I have an excess of energy through-out the day.

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yay! did all scheduled workouts and distances last week!
whoohoo!

This week - see how an evening tri goes ( it's 90+ here today and humid, first hot hot day of the year...)
And make sure to do the long ride and run on the weekend...
Quote Reply