Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do - June 15
Quote | Reply
Spill

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 15 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals:

run 7x and race well - ran 7 times (60 miles) but the race did not go as well as I wanted. I was only the 3rd woman overall, running 43:50 for a hilly 10k and 13 seconds slower than last year. Looking at it I'd say the training load from the week was in my legs :P

bike 5x - only 4 - 5:54 hrs

swim 5x - only 4 - 9.6k

2 sections of calc - check!

For the week coming:
run 6x
swim 5x
ride 5x + 20 min easy on each day I don't do a real ride (frequency!)

2 sections of calc.

Oh, I did a really good job with eating this past week.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Ride strong and keep a positive mental attitude on TOMRV-- All week the weather forecast looked awesome -- warm sunny with a tailwind on both days (ride goes N on Sat and S on Sunday). We wake up on Saturday to rain, cold, and wind. Road 60+ on Saturday's route in the rain, cold, and wind (headwinds of course). About 45 miles out of so, the wind at least died down a bit so while there was a headwind it wasn't as strong. Sun came out just about 5 miles from the ride's ending point. Sunday was much better. 92 miles of sun and a slight headwind/cross wind. I did well though. Was able to ride significantly faster than last year even in the odd conditions and didn't cry once. On Sat, I did mentally check out for a while around the 80 mile mark but when you still have 28 to go that day and 92 on the following that is only to be expected. Overall I say it was a success.
2) nutrition, nutrition, nutrition -- Did ok except for while in the car. I seem to think that calories consumed in the car are not really being consumed. But those puffy cheetos sure did taste good. And I had a jamoca shake after the ride but I am sure I burned enough calories riding 198 miles in two days, right?

Goals for this week:
1) Relax! Traveling to visit my best friend that I havent seen in 2 years and won't have my bike. I will have access to amazing, mountain trails for running and some beautiful lakes but won't have my bike. I need to not stress about not having a long ride this weekend. IMWI is still 90 days away and I have been putting in my time on the bike so it won't hurt my training. I know this, now I just need to relax and believe it.
2) Nutrition, again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals for last week:

~35km running - after my 16km run monday, my left foot was sore again, so i've been resting it a bit. did a 5k as a bike/run brick wednesday, and did a 3.7km run after a weight lifting session late thursday night, plus about 1.5k at the guelph lake course on saturday. 26.3-ish total; must get foot healed before race on the 20th

4,000m swim - did 3,675m. 1,800 of quality drills tuesday, 375m open water on guelph lake course saturday, and a leisurely 1,500m sunday morning as i got to the pool late.

70k bike - hammered out over 100k! 18.3k to the pool tuesday, 10.7k as bike/run brick wednesday, 10.3k easy ride to test new equipment/position on friday, full distance (10k) on guelph lake course saturday, then 50.2k ride sunday.

full s/b/r brick on saturday - definitely did all 3, but i know for a fact the run was short. however, it was a great confidence booster to have a "dress rehearsal" a week before my first race. i'm confident now that i CAN put it all together, my transition times were good (about 1:30 T1 / 0:31 T2 per hubby's timing) and i remembered everything i needed to, partly due to good layout/organization, and i know what to expect from the course i will be racing on (hilly!).

goals for this week: work myself out with brand new foam roller (thanks hubby!), don't do ANYTHING to aggravate sore foot (will probably not run until day before race, and then just a short 3k with strides), get a couple of easier bike workouts in and one pool swim, and generally get myself rested up for saturday. race goals saturday are strong efforts in all 3 disciplines, smooth transitions, not wiping out, not wiping anyone else out, and finishing with a smile on my face...hopefully in under an hour :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
From last week:

Post-pulmonologist appt.....
*Coffee only in the morning before I leave the house. *Cut out all other coffee and caffeine the rest of the day.
*Limit spicy foods, chocolate, citrus (acidic), alcohol.

Hopefully that and the new meds will get me back to racing and breathing!
============================
Have cut WAY back of caffeine. I only drink a couple of cups in the morning before I leave the house. Nothing after that at all. I've also limited the trigger foods and started on new meds. That and two days off totally due to very tired legs seems to have helped. Raced at the velodrome yesterday and had a decent day.

For this week:
Get in training with having a house guest Wed-Sun. Good thing he's a triathlete and will want to go ride. Probably no racing this week, so hit all training targets (ride 6 days, yoga once, lift weights twice).

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all, i'm new here and posting from London. Hope it's ok to join in, been reading about you all for a while and thought it was time i joined.

Aims for this week:

Swims - 14k over 5 sessions
Bike: 2 x90 min week rides, 6 hours saturday, 3 hours sunday
Run: Suffering from quite bad knee injury so 3x60 minute easy runs
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 15 [dirtyharri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last weekend ( 6/6) sucked as my back spasmed while putting on my shoe to go do my long ride. So the early part of this week wasn't doing much. Tuesday I got a massage and that was just awesome.

Wed. I said 'screw it' and did my normal workouts. The back felt better after the exercise. The problem is muscular, so I was pretty sure I couldn't make things worse. Oh, and this weird little thing hasn't happened since last July, on the day of IM Lake Placid. grrrr...

Thursday we had bad rain so I was stuck on the indoor trainer.
Friday I made another run and swam open water (yay) - felt like I got in my groove for my stroke in open water.
Saturday was dreary but I had a killer good very hilly 10 mi run.
Sunday I did a long ride with the guys who usually kick my butt but they didn't kick it as badly as usual. Felt really good about that.

Back is pretty much better, so this week I plan to attack my full scheduled training. Can't wait!
Mon - swim & run
Tues - run & bike
Wed - swim & run
Thurs - bike and run
Fri - off
Sat - long ride
Sun - long run
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 15 [dirtyharri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goals from last week:
* Swim x3 - did it! although, the third swim was SUPER weak. had a plan, and did not execute. let the tiredness get the better of me. :(
* Run x3 - did it! including a long run (well - long for me, about 7k)
* Bike x2 - did it! two "longer" rides. I managed to get over 20k per ride - which is a lot for me. I usually start feeling 'bored' at about 12K and want to get home.
* Weights x3 - did it! had a good leg-burning one on monday of last week. had to smile during the awkward walking moment on tuesday.
* Train my body to accept more early morning food - doing it. I am having almost a whole slice of toast (with nutella!) within 15 min of waking up during the week. had a couple of "almost" moments where my stomach wanted to reject the eating, but it got easier as the week went on.

Goals for this week:
Swim x2
Run x1
Bike x1
Weights x2 (maintance only - no heavy lifting! <-- yes, this reminder is for me.)
Continue to work on early morning calorie intake.
Race on Saturday! Guelph Lake Sprint Tri. Still not feeling ready, but ready or not the race is coming. I am hoping for a faster bike pace than the prior race, and to hold steady (or go faster) in the swim and run.

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 15 [rlmurrant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good luck with the sprint! i'll be there for the try-a-tri...tri'ing not to puke/fall over ;)

fear not, though - i'll be off the course (even at my slow pace) before you guys even head out. the noobs start at 10am so they have time to sweep the carcasses out of the way before the sprint & sprint duathlon start :p

i may have to do the 1k fun run just for the heck of it...and see if i can get hubby to do it as well, as he's told me he'd like to start running!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week, post Oliver 1/2IM:
Rest. DONE
Get in 2 easy swims. DONE
Get in 2 easy runs. Managed three runs!
Get in 1-2 easy rides. Only 1 easy ride
Start working on my plan to get my run where it needs to be fore IMC
Well in hand now, thx F!

This week:
Three swims (masters mostly, maybe 1 OW)
Four runs (1h10 hilly - DONE; 40min with strides; 1h45 with 1mile intervals at HIM pace; 30min off bike on weekend)
Two rides (3-4hr with HIM intervals, hilly, lower cadence/higher gear for 2hr; 5-6hr with 2x(40min IM pace + 20min HIM pace))
Drink less wine and more water, sleep more, eat well.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik, your run mileage (just based on what you did this week, I don't know what you generally do) is very high for someone who is only running a 43 min 10k, I'm surprised you didn't go much faster according to that volume. Is somebody supervising your training?
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do - June 15 [nycflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran 40:29 for a 10k five weeks ago. This was a particularly hilly course, and a bad day for me.

Quote Reply