Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: October 17
Quote | Reply
Tell us about your week and your goals for next week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: October 17 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a good week. Monday and Tuesday were fall break, so I was on the island and split the day between doing schoolwork and doing offseason work for my summer camp. My training goals had been 3 rides (done) and 3 swims (did 2, not worried about the third) and let the running take care of itself (done). The island is beautiful for cycling and I miss it.

M - 35 mi ride
T - 7 mi run + 18 mi ride
W - 35 mi ride + 5 mi run
T - 7 mi run + 2000 yd swim
F - 11 mi run + 2000 yd swim
S - 8 mi run + 45 min yoga
S - 8.8 mi run

Totals - 4000 yds, 88 miles, 46.8 miles
I'm really pleased with that. Two of the runs were workout runs (one was 5 x 5 min start at 7:24 pace and drop 15 sec per interval; the other was 26 min start at 7.5 mph and add 0.1 mph every minute). I did shoulder weights on Thursday and hip exercises on Sunday.

I also have, at this point, an 82 page draft of my thesis plus another chapter I haven't copy/pasted. I have one chapter and two other smaller sections left to write, then, aside from an intro and a conclusion, I'll have a full draft. That is exciting. I still have a ton of work to do, however, so I'm not going to make training goals this week. I will exercise, but it's going to be for stress relief purposes only.

I'm not sure how to phrase the schoolwork goal for the week, but I'll come back and do that. I think it will probably be revise the chapter I haven't copy/pasted and keep working on the "units" one, which has been a hard one to write.

Have a good week, ladies!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done Tigerchik!!! You are doing great - both in training and in school. Not an easy balance by any means.

I felt like I had a good week. I did everything I wanted except one swim, and I'm ok w/ that outcome.
Bike x 3, w/ a good 1:30 interval w/o on Saturday.
Running (my main focus) - I hurt my left glut last Sunday on a longer marathon paced run. I took monday off, and continued to run. Sadly, fast is out, but still running is good. I ran for a total of 59 miles.
Swim - as above, only swam once. But will try for two this week.

This coming weekend, I leave right after work to go visit my daughters at University (thankfully, they both go to the same school.). So my weekend - when I tend to do the longer stuff - will be hard.
Goals
bike - 2-3 times
Run - min 50 miles, but I'd really like 60 if glut and time works out
Swim - Will try for two again this week.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: October 17 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope the glute gets better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN
- 2 bike: WIN though one was very short
- 3 swim: WIN, including discovering a saturday evening lane swim!
- 4 core/strength: FAIL with 3
- foam roll: FAIL

the important thing (last long run before 6hr ultra on the 29th) got done, and i really enjoyed a swim for the first time in quite awhile!

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 2 bike
- 3 swim
- 4 core/strength
- foam roll. srsly!

going to a concert tonight that we've been waiting months for (originally scheduled for may 8th, postponed 2 days before the event until today) - will be doing some sport-specific work for pit survival! ;)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
more good thesis work done today :-)

Quote Reply