Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: November 7
Quote | Reply
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: November 7 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My week was okay. My thesis is coming along well - one of my goals had been to address all of my advisor's comments - I have done or am in the process of finishing that. My committee members are each reading chapters right now so I expect to get those comments back soon. My goal for this week is to have a finished draft such that any changes I make after next Monday are really, really minor.

That said, I had a stressful week with eating. I got stressed/overwhelmed and binged on several days. I spent a long time yesterday journaling and by yesterday afternoon, I felt back in a good place. :)

Training: I ran a lot, more than I should, because it's my #1 way to release stress. My training goal had been to bike twice. I came home on Thurs. and left my bike shoes at school, which is unfortunate because I would have ridden this weekend. As it were, I got on the stationary bike at the gym. So here's the run-heavy week :P

M - 8.6 mi w/ 5k tempo
T - 7.5 mi + 2300 yds
W - 8 mi + 3000 yds
T - 8.2 mi + 2300 yds
F - 9.3 mi
S - 6.6 mi
S - 8 mi w/ 5k TT (19:50) + 30 min bike

Totals: 7,600 yds; 30 minutes; 56.2 miles. I did hip exercises twice (M and Sun.)

GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:
- journal every day. This seems to help me stay centered and less anxious.
- run no more than 40 miles. Run two speed workouts.
- ride twice
- swim 3 times.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Tigerchik
Good week. I'm w/ you on the running for stress reduction. You ran a lot last week. Which is good, but just be careful. Especially if you have hip issues. Journaling is really good! Keep that up.
I'm in awe of your swimming. I wish I could swim like you. I really have to talk myself into swimming, but I'm trying.

My week
I started out the week w/ tired legs. :(
Monday - rest day
Tuesday - Run 8 easy
Wednesday - Bike - trainer, 1 hour, Run easy 5
Thursday - Run 10.1 easy in a.m., in afternoon Bike on trainer x 45 min, and then an easy 5 mile run
Friday - day off, legs tired.
Saturday - bike 1:20, on trainer, and run 11
Sunday - Run 21

So I'm happy w/ the running miles, but no speed - which makes me sad.
Biking I did 3 w/o so that's good
No swimming

Goals for coming week
Run- plan on 60-65 miles, hopefully getting a little quality this week.
Bike - at least 3 times. I'd like to get 4 hours if possible this week.
Swim - I'm going to try for 2 swim w/o, but will be really happy w/ at least one. Goal 4K.

Happy training!!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: November 7 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good job listening to your body and taking days off. I am getting better at the first and suck at the latter ;-)

Swimming is another way I can zone out. It isn't the stress relief running is, not quiet, but it has the same "zone out"- ness. I enjoy the mind-numbingness of the black line... low stimulation which is nice when the rest of your days are so crazy. That's why I look forward to swimming. And I like swimming FAST.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for you, I can not swim fast. I think I only have one speed in the water.
You have inspired me. I did actually swim yesterday. And w/ taper coming, I hope to swim more.
Thanks!
Quote Reply