Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: March 21
Quote | Reply
Happy spring.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: March 21 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm starting with academics because I had a good week there.
- got 2 of 3 problems done on a difficult geometry problem set.
- Did a major chunk of my portfolio (due Tues).
- Finished editing & submitted a piece of writing for a competition - this has been on my to do list for about a month. I mailed it in yesterday.
- Thus: Attended a friend's dissertation and we were drinking champagne before noon. :-)

Training-
M: 1:20 bike
T: 9.5 mi run, 1000 yd swim
W: 7 mi run, 1000 yd swim
T: 1:20 bike, 4.7 mi run
F: 6.5 mi run
S: 8.5 mi run
S: 5.2 mi run, 0:33 bike, 1:30 yoga

So I got my 3 rides in, was short a swim (and lets face it, 1k swims hardly feel like a "win" to me - I had certainly intended to do better there), runs were fine.

totals:
s: 2000 y
b: 3:13
r: 41.4 mi
yoga: 1:30

Eating: I'm going to call it 4.5/7 . I've been absolutely exhausted which is triggering carb cravings, candy in particular. Goal for this week = NO CANDY. I need to break my attraction to sugar.

Training goals - 6 runs, 2 rides, 3 swims.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Mar 21, 11 1:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 5
- 4 bike including the "learn to ride track" session at the velodrome on saturday: FAIL, in that i only got 3 bike workouts in. WIN in that one was outside and the track session was amazing!
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout. i'll get this yet!: WIN!
- 3 swim: WIN

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout
- 3 swim

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Goals: 1x90'' yoga, 5x swim =16,000yds, 5x run= 27mi, 1x bike for fun, 2x lift+core session
Accomplished: 0x yoga(fail), 5x swim=15,400yds,5xrun=25.1mi,1x bike for fun, 1x lift+core session

Yoga studio was closed b/c the heater was broken and gym closed early due to spring break, which was shitty. crappy weather, but mostly met the goals. i'm beat down tired and haven't taken a day off in three weeks.

next week goals: 1x90'' yoga, 5x swim=16,000 yds, 4x run= 10-12mi, 2x lift+core session, one day completely off.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: March 21 [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a "sticker day" (eating stuff) yesterday! Did something dumb, I made the goal of no candy and then bought candy at the grocery store yesterday. Nothing like tempting yourself when you're trying to avoid something. I haven't eaten it yet but it's still kind of self sabotage.

Must find something useful to do with purchased candy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put that bag out at work/school in a public place. It'll be gone! Did you figure out if you bought it to test yourself or because you really wanted it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a good week in Puerto Rico. Ran a lot... got to get some OWSs in the ocean (saw a manatee!!)... got to work out with my dad. Fantastic, and more importantly running felt awesome there! Fast and easy.

Came back and went out for an "easy 7" and turned around after 15 minutes. You know the gut feeling of oh $#!&.... that's not good. I've had enough stress fractures to know what they feel like, and I am about 95% sure I've got two.

I don't think Mr. Sheen would exactly consider that "winning" ....

_____

Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well the weather has been beautiful but last week I was busy with a lot of family stuff since my grandpa died on Tuesday. So I tried to just get in an hour of training a day to relieve some stress...
Monday - Off
Tuesday - 1.5 hr Trainer Ride
Wednesday - Swim
Thursday - I was going to Run because it was beautiful but my cousins wouldn't leave my house because they were to busy picking out pictures of Grandpa for the slide show...
Friday- Swim and Lift
Saturday - 70 min Run... Took the dogs on this one.. They loved it because it was at night and nice in cool....
Sunday - Off... Had to get power point for my grandpas funeral ready... Took till midnight..

This week I'm hanging on for my life... A cousin started a huge fight the day before the funeral with my mom. Needless to say I'm trying to keep my mom calm and hope my cousin learns to keep her damn mouth shut. Soo... once again I'm aiming for at least an hour a day workout and if I feel good then I will do more and if I'm tired and go as long as I can (hopefully an hour). Grandpas death, the fighting and work (since its starting to get really busy) is all wearing me out... SSSOOO TIRED!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: March 21 [Dr.TriRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sending positive thoughts your way.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: March 21 [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did you figure out if you bought it to test yourself or because you really wanted it?

A bit of both, upon reflection. It is a candy I like and have been specifically wanting for like a week. I think there was some element of 'test myself' but I can't articulate why. That's something to think about more.

another sticker day :-) had sugar cravings this AM and sat through it (thought "you can't have sugar this early- it'll set you up to binge later/eat sugar all day," "think about what else you could spend $1 on [if they get saved over time :-) ] Also thought about why I really wanted sugar: I had a long and packed day ahead of me and I felt a little overwhelmed and a little stressed.

The day went well, though. Stats homework: finished + turned in yesterday. History of Math problem set: finished and turned in today. 22 pages - not kidding - it was a geometry set of a bunch of the problems of antiquity so lots of drawings but STILL) - Portfolio: finished in the AM, printed PM after class, scooped up letter of recommendation from professor, turned in at 3:45 pm. Tutored and the student I'm working with got a 92 on a very treacherous online test (*I* thought it was treacherous is significant) so I am proud of him.

Anyway, when I was craving sugar while tutoring I thought "what can you get that would taste good and be nourishing?" so I got a Subway sandwich, which is white bread (even their wheat) but at least is a little healthier than candy.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: March 21 [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tayjay, I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck with the family stuff.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did NOTHING and it was awesome.

Already decided that I will do the BMO 1/2 marathon in early May, a couple sprints & OLYs

BooYeah!!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply