Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: June 6 Edition
Quote | Reply
Lets hear it.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 6 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pleased to say that I am 7/7 with eating; have three chapters and counting of my thesis; and am about a week ahead in my statistics class. This week's schoolwork is largely collecting more data and organizing all the stuff I need to work on it over the summer (read: use the free printing while it's available) because I move on Saturday.

The week went well. My goals were 10k/50 mi/35 mi. I had 10.1k/21.5 mi/47.1 mi . I really had planned on cycling yesterday but skipped it because I was tired and sore, so I'm cool with not meeting the cycling goal. When I move I'll have better places to ride and it will be far more difficult to get to the pool, so starting next week I should actually acquire some bike time.

Eating really has been going well. The only room for improvement there would be more during the day/less at night. I am so proud of my 7/7 and over the past couple weeks I'm at 15/16, which is sweet. Go me. Yay for stickers.

Week training-wise:

M: 21.5 mi bike + 4.5 mi run
T: 12 mi run + 1500 yd swim
W: 6 mi run + 3000 yd swim
T: 7 mi run (with 5k TT in 21:13) + 1800 yd swim
F: 6.6 mi run + 2300 yd swim (best set of the week in there, 1300 yds of it was holding 1:22s)
S: 11 mi run + 1500 yd swim
S: off

Also did hip exercises once and shoulder exercises twice but I don't remember which day.

This week's goals:
- Keep doing a super job with eating
- Organize all the articles I need to take for thesis work
- (today) finish interview tasks; finish written tasks
Run 35 mi, swim 15k (last week of easy pool access), bike once.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 5, including 20km on rail trail at 2sec/km slower than my half marathon PR.
- 4 bike: WIN with 4, including 110km of hills yesterday to break 200km for the week (150km between sat & sun!)
- 3 swim: WIN, though the third one wasn't pretty
- 5 core/strength/stretch inc. foam rolling. for realz!: FAIL with 4, but i did a little bit of foam rolling.

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike incl. 100km at the cambridge tour de grand with my honey :)
- 4 swim including 1 OWS
- 5 core/strength/stretch inc. foam rolling
- fix my damned aerobars! the stem is off-centre and i need to tighten the front plate to keep the bars from rotating down.

one last big week before starting to taper!

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Jun 6, 11 7:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run 7x incl intervals and long. => FAIL. Ended up not running long and not running intervals. Was pretty tired and crampy in the legs last week, guess the hilly 8k race the prior Sunday cooked me more than I expected. Ended up with 5 runs for 48k. I did get in 4 rides though, so that was a bonus. I had secretly hoped to swim once, to see how my shoulder would feel, but it was TOO nice out to justify going inside to swim.

This week: back at running, goal mileage of 60k.
M: 40' with strides (pm)
T: 40' ez (am)/55' with strides (pm); ride to & from work
W: 50' with hill strides (pm)
R: 40' ez (am)/ 45' ez (pm); ride to & from work
F: optional day
St: 1h30 steady
Sn: MTB 3h+/- with 1hr run off bike. Work on riding the very technical trails in cleats. ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 6 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't usually chime in on these, but thought today I would add that I've realized I have an unlimited talented to find new and unusual ways to be exceptionally uncoordinated while swimming, and now find myself swimming even slower than two years ago. I'm trying to hold onto that zen "you have to swim slower to swim faster" thing, but there's a limit to how long that works.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 6 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooh, you too? i managed to get a little faster this year in the pool, but sunday morning i think i was swimming as slowly as i ever have, and i swear my arms and legs were only getting a very loose idea of what i wanted them to do. i've seen newborn giraffes with more grace and coordination than i had in that swim!

hoping tonight will be better, and that it was just due to fatigue. seems my swim times really suck when bike & run volume are high.

good luck - cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Yeah I agree re: fatigue... I find that when I start swimming like that, I switch to lots and lots of drills, and lots and lots of 50s on a turnover. Ensure enough rest between sets/intervals to ensure good form. When form tanks, stop and take 1min rest. Try again.

Keep at it tho, and focus on fundamentals of form.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 6 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, that's exactly what i've been doing - keep the intervals shorter to try to keep form through the whole thing, and incorporate drills. tuesdays are dedicated to that sort of thing anyway (tanker comes with me on tuesdays, so short stuff lets us chat a bit), so i shouldn't have too hard a time tonight despite being completely knackered!

my baseline test is 4 x fast 50 with 1min rest in between - if i can do them at the pace i know i can make, i don't worry too much if anything longer feels like crap. i like doing 50 drill, 50 sprint repeats, too.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Raced three times last week.

Saturday's race was a criterium in the rain. I was very nervous about even starting the race as things get slippery in the rain, but I started and finished and stayed upright. I did back off a bit in the corners, but it was a win for me to just race. Maybe one monkey off my back!

Two fantastic weight workouts with my trainer. We started band assisted pull-ups. Goal for the end of the year is to do an unassisted pull-up. Long way to go!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Announcing 10 days in a row w/o eating issues!

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 6 Edition [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent! Sometimes, it's the little victories eh? ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply