Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: June 13
Quote | Reply
How was it?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 13 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I met all my goals! They were 10k swim, bike 1x, run 35-40 mi.

I did: 20,800 yd swim; bike 11 mi (2x), run 49 mi. Also did hips & shoulders 2x each.
Eating: ON DAY 14!

goals for this week - I'm in a place with limited pool access (and will be all summer) so I have to figure out what will work with that. No goal. Bike goal = 4 hrs, run goal = 6 times with one long + one speed.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicely done! Keep at it. Guess you'll be riding and running more eh? ;-)

Last week's goals: back at running, goal mileage of 60k. => only ran 40k, mostly due to missing the long Sat run, but did ride a lot more.
M: 40' with strides (pm) => DONE
T: 40' ez (am)/55' with strides (pm); ride to & from work => DONE
W: 50' with hill strides (pm) => DONE
R: 40' ez (am)/ 45' ez (pm); ride to & from work => only one run (lunch run), small d-done
F: optional day => rode to & from on Fri instead
St: 1h30 steady => only managed 30min with kid & dog, but it was FUN! ;-)
Sn: MTB 3h+/- with 1hr run off bike. Work on riding the very technical trails in cleats. ;-) => Ride yes, run no.

Overall the week was busy at work, and I ran less than I had planned, but every run I did felt very good and I really tried to focus on quality not quantity. The 3.5hr mtb ride was my first mtb ride in cleats. I have some nice bruises, but am pretty happy with how I managed. I did pick trails that were pretty technical, so in some respects, it's amazing I didn't really hurt myself haha. The best part is that the shoulder I wrecked in my crash 8 weeks ago felt fine.

This week:
M: watch the Canucks tonight and get all stressed about it - either it's a party night or it's cry in your beer night
T: ride to & from work; optional lunch run
W: ride to & from work; watch the Canucks tonight and get all stressed about it - either it's a party night or it's cry in your beer night
R: Run 1h ez with dog (am); go to my youngest brother's convocation ceremony ;-)
F: Run 45 with hill strides (pm); ride to & from work
St: Optional day - travel to Victoria - so run or maybe even a swim! Gasp!
Sn: Sherpa for P at Victoria 1/2; go for a run while he's riding (~1-2hr)

EDIT: My Left quad feels like crap - nice big bruise from MTB ride - so a bunch of runs removed. :-( I'll call this a "recovery" week.
AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Jun 15, 11 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN, but i haven't run since thursday
- 3 bike incl. 100km at the cambridge tour de grand with my honey :): WIN with 5 including a crit on saturday
- 4 swim including 1 OWS: FAIL. 2 only, no OWS.
- 5 core/strength/stretch inc. foam rolling: FAIL. 4 only, no foam rolling.
- fix my damned aerobars! the stem is off-centre and i need to tighten the front plate to keep the bars from rotating down: WIN, at least i think so. i sorted everything out, but don't know if it's holding because i haven't rode my tri bike since then!

so i pretty much dropped everything to pretend i was a cyclist for a weekend after a week of too little sleep and pretty half-assed training as a result. the crit ripped my legs up pretty well on saturday, then 100k of wind and hills on sunday didn't end up being much of a shake-out for them. fortunately we did the 2nd half with a nice group of folks who let me ride their wheels for most of the afternoon, though i did finally take a long pull at the end. got excellent group riding experience between the crit & the tour!

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike, mostly on tri bike to make sure it's completely dialed in
- 4 swims including 1 OWS
- 5 core/strength/stretch incl. foam rolling

have dinner with my folks on wednesday, so that will probably end up being an extra day off, but not too concerned. focus right now is just on staying healthy, avoiding injury and trying to build up my immune system since i have a bit of a cold coming on. got some good sleep last night (7.5hrs) for the first time in ages, and want to try to continue with that!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I've run at least one mile every day since April 20th. I think that's 55 days now.

My goals:

Last week - run every day according to coach's schedule - DONE
This week - run every day according to coach's schedule.

Pretty straight forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 13 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 15 on eating well! STICKERS!
ran + rode this AM. Conquered a bit of the anxiety to change the routine/ride in new place. I moved on Sat. and am adapting.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 13 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants,
Did your beer get salty from all the tears? GO BRUINS!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 13 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh god that was SO PAINFUL... Wednesday: do or die.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 13 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, maybe it was painful for you....

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a disappointing race (Eagleman) on Sunday. I had a good swim and a great bike and then had what turned out to be an asthma attack on the run. I walked, shuffled for 13 miles and made it to the finish line and into the medical tent. My legs felt good after the bike and I felt like I would have had a decent run (for me anyway). It took me a few miles to figure out what was wrong with me because it had never happened before and I really didn't want to DNF. I'm trying to put a positive spin on it to make myself feel better, but it is hard to swallow a personall worst finishing time of more than an hour :(
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 13 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: June 13 [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-( that sucks. But you finished. Trust me, with time, you'll be glad you did, even with your finish time. Plus, imagine the SWEET SWEET revenge you can get next year on that course ;-) (my first DNF was at Kelowna Apple Oly, 2 weeks after doing my 1st 1/2IM - I was so bummed about it, but I went back the next year and had my revenge, and nothing feels as good as getting one up on a course that got you before...)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least the first two sports were good. Sorry about the run :-(
recover well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aww, that's tough! hope you're getting checked out by a doc to see what can be done to prevent another attack in the future - at least it happened in a place where you could get medical attention, not out on some desolate trail!

there's always another race; wishing you the best for recovery and getting control over the asthma!

cheers!

-mistress k