Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: July 11
Quote | Reply
Week went well and I’m psyched about my race. My goals were swim whatever worked out, ride 4x one with vo2 max intervals (rode 3x, no intervals), run 6 times (done). Eating – 5/7 – fatigue gets to me so quickly and I make less than stellar food choices.

M – 30 mi bike, 6.5 mi run
T – 6.2 mi run + 2100 yd swim
W – 6.3 mi run + 3500 yd swim
T – 8.5 mi run (5 x 5 min @ 3.5% incline, 8.6 mph) + 17 mi bike
F – 10.55 mi run + 10 mi bike
S – 8 mi run (last half at 3% incline)
S – Half marathon race (2nd F OV, 1:42:05)

totals: 5600 yd swim, 57 mi bike, 60.6 mi run.

Goals for this week: R calf is quite a bit sore from race so ??? I guess the goals are to even out all the running with more bike and swim.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jul 11, 11 0:42
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: July 11 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN
- 3 bike: WIN, though not what i would've liked.
- 3 swim: FAIL. 1 only.
- 5 core/strength/rehab exercises from chiro: FAIL. 4 only.
- back to business with training and nutrition: FAIL due to re-injuring my back monday, then enjoying ice cream after saturday's race ;)
- have fun doing the warrior dash with my sweetheart on saturday: WIN!

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike WITHOUT hurting my back again!
- 3 swim now that i know the new pool schedules *grumble*
- 5 core/strength/rehab

running the cambridge highland games kilted 8k solo on saturday (then hitting the games after with my sweetie, though i can't have beer OR the awesome haggis pie they have there!), then the 4k dirty dash mud race on sunday as a spouses team with tanker! whee!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Yikes, week's over!

Last week's goals:
M thru F: ride to & from work; EeZee run at lunch with strides; stay loose and comfy. => I rode 4/5 days, and ran 4/5 days, but felt GOOD
W or R: one evening swim (after kids are in bed) => FAIL the only swim I did last week was at the race!
St: drive to Vashon, pre-ride the course, get comfy and relax if possible => Didn't pre-ride but hey, I had beer ;-)
Sn: XTERRA Vashon Island - have FUN and finish upright and smiling. => Barely finished upright, but I did.

This week's goals:
- Rest more than not. I am pretty beat up from Vashon, so get better (esp my foot owowowowow)
- Ride 2-3 times to work
- Run 2x ez

I need to be recovered fully, as it's now time to start my marathon ramp up (Sept 25th; Bellingham Bay Marathon). I am finding that the more I ride to & from work on a daily basis, the less running I am doing. I am not happy about that. Even my pants fit funny in the quad region now (loose on hips/butt, tight on lower thighs). Not good - at least not for running. I think I might have to look at doing some runs to/from work instead of the riding...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply